51| Sins of the Father

Start from the beginning

Wendy threateningly pulled her hand closer to Alaric but he maintained a straight face. "If you're planning on torturing me, you're gonna be disappointed. I can handle the torture," Alaric mentioned but Wendy didn't miss how his eyes never left the flame, almost afraid if it was to come any closer.

"How about... seeing your daughter being tortured?" Jade announced loudly with the suggestion as she revealed that she had Josie.

The Gemini witch's hands were bound behind her back and she had a piece of cloth tied securely around her mouth. Jade giggled as she pulled Josie by the arm and shoved her to the nearest chair. Josie let out a muffled grunt by the harsh treatment and looked up to her dad fearfully.

"Josie, are you okay," Alaric's voice wavered slightly as he tried to lean forward in his chair.

"For now," Jade answered for her. "What happens next is up to you. So, talk. 'Cause I've waited ten years for an explanation for what you did to us," the vampire chided, but her attention was taken away from the father and daughter when she heard quiet groans behind her.

Jade turned around to the source of the sound to see the girl that she had seen with Josie earlier that day. The vampire's interest was piqued as she saw her once again. Jade only wondered what her connection with the Saltzman family was.

Alexandria had only woken from Josie's sleep spell but when she regained her bearings, she realised what she had come back to. Her eyes darted between Josie and Alaric, but as she saw Jade and two others staring at her, she panicked. She remembered the other two names that Josie had mentioned earlier and could only assume that it was them.

Alexandria scrambled up to stand, but before she could make another move, Wendy raised her hand and recited, "Immobilus."

The hybrid was effectively frozen in her spot. No matter how hard she tried to will her body to move, it wouldn't. Alexandria couldn't even open her mouth to speak.

Jade sauntered over to Alexandria and began circling around her. Assessing her almost. "We meet again..." she said as she stopped to stand in front of her. The vampire glanced over to Wendy and Diego and nodded over towards the back of the bar. "Find something to tie this one up," she ordered and the two immediately went off to find something to hold her.

When they arrived back, Diego was holding a bundle of chains. The two took Alexandria and chained her to another chair, separated from Alaric and Josie. When they were sure the chains were secure around Alexandria they moved back to their original spots and Wendy lifted the spell.

Alexandria let out a gasp and shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She inspected the chains and thought that she could easily get out, but as Alexandria's eyes met Jade's, she immediately discarded the thought. The vampire smirked and placed a hand gently on Josie's shoulder as a silent threat. Alexandria's eyes drifted over to Wendy who stood not too far away from Jade. The witch's eyes narrowed and she slowly shook her head. The hybrid sighed, knowing that if she made just one wrong move, Josie could be hurt. But even if she was fast enough, it wouldn't matter because all it took was one word from the witch's mouth, and she would be rendered useless.

Alexandria shifted uncomfortably in her seat but her body went cold as she felt the uneven metal of the shackles against her wrists. For a split second, Alexandria thought she was back in the Lockwood Cellar. She felt her throat close up on her as a familiar anxiety crept up her back.

"Before we get on with your trail, I want to know who you are..." Jade began quietly, bringing the hybrid out of her trance. "Name," she demanded louder and in a clear tone. When Alexandria didn't answer, Jade's hand went closer to Josie's neck.