△ chapter thirty - 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 △

i woke up with the sun shining through the tent. the smell of the grass and the heat had felt like i was back in the glade again.

i walked out of the hut, meeting with a massive group of people.
gally noticed me and called me over. "hey sunshine." he smiles, kissing my cheek.

my eyes wonder to my two children, newt and chuck.
"hey babies, why don't you guys go set up for dinner?" they both nodded, running towards frypan to help.

it had been almost 7 years since it all happened.

brenda and thomas had settled down together, whilst the others loved each other like family.

me and gally got married last may and had two beautiful boys. and yet till this day, i had never opened the necklace that newt had left me, until this day.

i pull myself away from the crowd, into a secluded corner, popping the cork of the little necklace open. it revealed a scrunched up piece of paper.

i opened it. a letter.

it wrote:

'dear liv,

i'm not sure whether i've wrote a letter before, but what i do know is that this is the last letter i will write to you.

i wanted you to know that whatever happens to you or to me just know that we shouldn't be afraid of anything. not of death or life.

every night i've been saying their names out loud, alby, winston, chuck, teddy- and i just repeat them over and over like a prayer and it all comes flooding back, the memories.

i know you love the sun, olivia. i know it was the way the sun hit the glade right before it slipped beneath the walls. it was beautiful.

i'd never thought i'd miss the smallest stuff so much.

and i remember you.

the sweetest girl i've ever met, not scared of anything, always smiling even when shit hit the fan. you empathized for everyone and that's a gift.

i wanted to thank you for being your own loving self and i hope one day you'll make it out of here to a place where you can call a permanent home, where you can love and be loved.

because you deserve it.

if i could do it all over again i would. and i wouldn't change a thing.
i hope when you're looking back years from now, you'll be able to say the same.

make well in your future, olivia.

i know you'll do just that.

you always have.

take care of everyone for me, and take care of yourself. you deserve to be happy.

thank you for being my friend.

goodbye, liv.'