△ chapter twenty nine - 𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙩 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧? △

gally gives me a look before i help newt walk to the tunnels. i fell over my feet as i heard a massive explosion, newt fell with me. "holy fuck!" i groaned, looking over at the devastation.

gally's eyes fell in despair. "they were supposed to take out WCKD, not the whole damn city." the fear in his eyes made my heart shatter.
"we have to keep moving." i grunt as thomas and minho help me carry newt.

gally led us towards a massive crowd of police, as we hid behind a massive stone wall.
explosions began a lot more as the crowds grew larger. "STAY DOWN!" thomas screamed.

the explosions grew faster and quicker by the second as we kept moving through. we fell into a shop, i kept a close area between gally and newt. thomas was talking to brenda through the radio.

everything was moving in slow motion. and then it went quiet.

for the second i was imagining being in the glade. oh how i missed everything about it and now we ended up here.

thomas had a look of hope as he stared at us. "guys! let's go!" he demands. we helped newt up, walking through the alleyways of the city. newt was coughing up his guts, black blood was pouring from his mouth.
"go without me." he wheezed.

we stopped to care for him. looking at him as his life unraveled in front of us, i felt a tear fall down my face, whether from the pain or newt. "newt. come on. please."

newt grabbed my hand. as thomas demanded. "minho, get the serum as fast as you can."

gally grabbed my waist, pulling me up, i push him away, turning back to newt. "olivia." i shook my head, tearing rolling down my face. gally made me turn to him. he just hugged me.
"be careful." he whispered, kissing my cheek.

both him and minho both ran as fast as possible towards the entrance. i knelt over newt, eyes furrowing. i could feel his pain as his eyes closed. thomas grabbed newt as his breaths rapidly increased. "we gotta, move, now!"
i grasped onto newts hand. "NEWT, PLEASE!"

newt ripped a necklace off of his neck, placing it in my hand. "take it, liv." my lips fold in and my eyes fluttered in fear.

he almost begged for his life as we lifted him up together, running through the crowd of shooters.

we had managed to escape from the explosions and collapsed as we almost made it out. "FUCK!" i groaned, slouching over my chest.

i watched as thomas attempted to drag him across the floor. "stay with me, newt!"

i hear the echo of teresa voice. "olivia."

i sort of faded out her voice, trying to give it my all by grabbing onto newts arms and pulling him across the floor, i completely broke down onto my knees. i wasn't strong enough.

"olivia- you can save newt.. there's a reason why brenda isn't sick anymore. your blood is the cure. do you understand? she doesn't have to be the only one."

my eyes turn to newt, struggling for breath. he stands up unexpectedly, turning towards me and thomas. "newt?" i whimper.

he growled, throwing his body to me, thomas pushed him off only for him for go after thomas. "NEWT, PLEASE!" i held my chest, giving him one last push.

newt heavily panted, pulling out a knife from jacket. he pushed me over by my legs, dragging me across the floor, until he was straddling over me, he narrows the knife down towards my chest, i held his arms up tightly. "NEWT!" i cried out. "please don't do this!"

it enters my chest gently before thomas kicked him off and punched him in the face. as newt was fighting thomas i was fighting for my life to keep myself alive.

i grabbed the gun from my pocket.

i aimed shakily towards newt who was attempting to stab thomas.

"i'm sorry, newt." i whispered.

BANG.

BANG.

two bullets were fired to stop newt. he fell to his knees with a sly smile on his face. i slide to catch his fall and so does thomas.

i look at newt breathlessly.

my chest pain grow significantly until i could feel my arms, then my legs and then my back. everything became dizzy as i hit my head on the stone concrete.

slowly drifting away into an endless sleep.

newt and my body laid cold under the breeze of the debris from the explosions. brenda tan quickly to meet with our bodies and thomas knelt over us.

there was silence.

the others joined her.

gally. he slide beside me, grabbing my head. "olivia? hey!" he shook me. no answer.

he broke down into tears.

never once have i seen that man cry.

his sobs were loud as he wrapped the necklace newt gave me around my neck. he kissed my head softly and held my hand. "you're ok." he whispered.

i wake up gasping and coughing out blood, gally's eyes widen. "hey! olivia!" everyone ran to my aid, still in shock about what happened.

i had no idea that i just had a major heart attack.

i grabbed aggressively onto gally's jacket, still holding my chest with my other hand. "..y- you were dead?"

the ringing in my ear was getting louder and the feeling in my stomach was growing painfully.

i stood up, no emotion. i look over to newt. i stepped around his body and had a murmur of a shake in my voice.

i stumbled weakly through the streets of WCKD. they were too shocked in fear to follow me.

i enter the empty building, coming face to face with ava. "olivia?" she mutters.

i shakily held up my hand, a gun pointed directly to her face. "could i have saved him?" i whimpered, crying my eyes out.
she nodded sympathetically. "you can save so many more."

my heart broke in the moment, face dropping as a red blood mark appeared on her white shirt. she fell to the floor.

i gasped silently, seeing janson walking through the gun smoke. "she was just a distraction."

i parted my lips, aiming my gun higher.

i said nothing.

i wasn't going to him the satisfaction of hearing my voice.

i pulled the trigger.

no bang.

he snickered, moving closer with his gaze evilly perpetrated towards me.
"i guess you lasted your last bullet on newt."

my stomach sunk.

as he moved closer he muttered words i only told myself. "you're weak, olivia. you killed your own best friend. how could you do something like that? especially with no hesitation."

my jaw clenched. i felt the tension grow. i felt my blood boiling up and my heart pumping.

i swung my leg under his, kneeing him in the stomach. he fell down like bricks, he took a shoot but missed.

i had the gun now.

he held up his hands, chuckling evilly. "if you do this, olivia, you would just be making the same choices you made when you were younger. you wouldn't kill your own father, would you?"

i smiles through the tears, cocking the gun, making him stop moving.

"i killed my best friend. what's making me not kill you? hes was way more of a family then you'll ever be."

he frowned, jaw clenched.

BANG.