☆ chapter three - 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙡𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙧 ☆

the sun was shining as my arm goes dead from half hanging out of the hammock. somehow i managed to jolt myself awake by falling off the hammock and hitting the ground so hard i almost gave myself a concussion.

teresa got on her knees next to me and lifted my head. "jesus greenie."
i groan, rubbing my head as i sat up. "what happened?"

"you got drunk last night by gally's recipe."
"WHAT?!" i scream, only to make myself fall back down holding my head.

after i had my shower and a morning puke session i walk over to teresa, chuck, frypan and thomas, surprisingly. luckily newt wasn't there to see my mess.
"morning moody." frypan chuckled, handing me a coffee.
"drink this, it'll help with the hangover."

i held out my hand, struggling to say anything. i take a sip of the coffee and i feel a tap on my shoulder. of course it had to be newt.
"hey drunker."
i rolled my eyes, taking another sip.

i groan tilting my head back. "this is worst thing ever and to add to the insult i can't remember any thin from last night."

they all look at each other smiling among each other.
i sat upright, cheeks turning pink. "am i missing something?"

chuck walked up to me and tapped me in the shoulder, i look downwards towards him, his lips were inwards, he conveyed. "i hate to be the one to say this greenie but when you had gally's recipe, you basically fell asleep on gally and he had to carry you to bed."

my mouth gasped. "WHAT?!"

i turn my head to gally who's working around the builders. i shake my head, gagging. "he touched me with his dirty builder hands?!"
chuck nods distraught.

i held my head in my hands as i hear footsteps taunt behind me.
"greenie." alby spoke. he look down at me. "time for you to get to work."
he tapped my arm for me to follow him.

i rub my head, tailing behind him. "what's my job?" i said with my eyes narrowed.
he didn't say a word until we approached the builders hutch.
"you've got to be kidding me." i gulp.

the builders look up to me, almost bursting out with laughter.
gally dropped a piece of wood. "alby. she can't work a builders job. she frail and moreover she's a girl."

i make a disgross face. alby stepped in for me. "that doesn't matter gally. you either get her to do some work or you're in the pit."

gally's jaw clenched, watching him walk away.

his eyes turned back to mine, who standing there with my arms crossed in fear.

he pointed towards a pile of logs. "lift those to hank." his finger pointed to a smaller boy almost on the other half of the glade.
i glare at him speechless. he clapped his hands. "chop chop shank."

i rolled my eyes, strolling over around to the logs, lifting one by one all the way to hank.

i was sweating through my shirt after 3 hours of manual labor.

as soon i brought the last log i fell onto my knees and leant against another big pile.

as the sweat had gone through my white shirt it was showing my laced bra. i had gotten some looks from the boys. i couldn't tell if they were good looks or not but gally just kept telling them to keep working so i never really paid attention to it.

after i cooled down gally approached me, sweating from the work and the blazing sun. "that's done for today greenie. tomorrow might just kill you."

i blew raspberries with my lips, watching as the boys walk away. how can they do this EVERYDAY without stop?

i finally managed to get up and make my way to the shower huts, having a quick shower and walking over to my newly made hammock from chuck.

he's such a sweetheart bless him.

i see my brother at the corner of my eyes, a smile lined my face i quickly jog over to him and give him a tight hug. "hey! how was your first day at work?"

i pulled from the hug, groaning. "oh my god. it's horrible. i'm with the builders."
he chuckles, he puts on a cocky expression. "i'm with the runners."

my mouth makes an o impression. "with thomas and ben and minho?!"
he nodded and i punched his arm. "you're lucky. you got an easy job."
he then shrugged but as soon as he opened his mouth there began screaming from the woods.

thomas was running from ben, yelling for help which caught everybody's attention. my brother ran up to him quickly, grabbing a spade in the floor from the garden.

newt and my brother managed to push ben away before he could fully attack him.
alby stood over him, panicking. "lift up his shirt."
"no! NO!" ben screamed.
i hesitated by keeping a distance, i held my hand to my mouth, confused.

there was blue and black veins running up and down his neck, which led to a sting mark on his stomach.

alby crouched next to gally to get a better look, gally glanced at him, concerned. "he's been stung. in the middle of the day?"

alby stood back up, demanding. "take him to the pit."

ben fought as he could against the crowd holding him tightly.
i stood in shock as everyone dispersed like it was a normal thing. my brother also helped, he had a better grasp at this situation than i do.

the was wooden poles gripped in the gladers arms as ben was tied up with his hands. he was begging for his life.

i stand from a distance, watching as they lower their poles towards ben.

thomas and chuck was standing next to me, as scared as i was to see them basically sentence someone else to death.