☆ chapter two - 𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 ☆

she reaches under a hammock pulling out a giant box and opening it was full of clothes, tampons and paper. she hands me some shorts. "here have this. if you need more clothes, just ask me."
i look over to her in awe. "thank you a lot teresa."

she turned around so i could quickly dress out of my trousers into the shorts behind the tree.

we sat on her hammock when i'm done, only for her to spit out a sentence i didn't want her to ask. "why we're you all alone behind medjacks?"

i blow raspberries and clap my hands nervously. "i'm not sure anyone like me in this glade and i'm confused on why not."
she smirks at me softly. "you can chill with me, newt, chuck and frypan. they're so welcoming ever since i've got here."
i nodded my head. "thank teresa. it means a lot."

she tapped my back as i followed behind her towards the group she mentioned. i spot newt covered in mud after being in the garden. my stomach flutters. he waved his arm. "hey greenie."
i wave back nervously, teresa picked up on this but she never said anything else.

the day went quite quickly actually and soon the sun was fading and the moon was out.
there was yelling and cheering from the centre of the glade.

a massive fire lit up and everyone cheered around. the fire beamed up towards the sky, lighting it up.
"finally. it's bonfire time."
newt cheered, he turned to me and grabbed my hand almost pulling me along with him.

he lets me go and joins the centre, chanting around with the crowd. teresa stands next to me and nudges my shoulder, i nudge hers back, she whispers. "you got a thing for newt, huh?"

i look up at her, with my mouth biting my bottom lip. "how do you know so many things?"
we both giggled in unison.

newt turns his head towards me, still dancing around and laughing, he passed me a jar of liquid. "what's this?" i ask over the noise.
"it's gally's recipe. go easy."

he returned to dancing as i swirl the strange juice in the jar, teresa looked at me and winced before joining the boys around the bonfire.

i tilt the jar to my lips, taking a swing but almost spitting it out as it was so bitterly. i enjoyed the feeling at the back of my throat and how it made my stomach warm so i chugged the rest.

this was probably the dumbest thing ever.

i place the jar to the floor and stroll over to teresa, who was throwing meat into the bonfire, looking at the boys cheering.
"what are they doing?" i ask, with my brows furrowed.
she glanced at me and back to the fire. "they're throwing pig meat in to cook."
"WHAT?!" i yell.

newt looked over at me, concerned. "it's what we eat greenie. we eat it to live, we have no choice."
i gulp down my throat, deciding to move away from the fire and onto a log.

i tilt my head back to look at the stars, it was gorgeous until an annoying voice came from next to me.

"move shank." gally spoke, kicking dirt from the ground onto my white shirt.
i exhaled slowly. "can't you find another place to sit?"

by this time my head was spinning and i could barely even lift my head.

he grabs my chin, making me meet his eyes. "did you not hear m- are you drunk?" his eyes look over to the empty jar on the floor.

he dropped my head on the log, i let out a yelp, falling onto the dirt, unable to move as everything was so dizzy.
he scooted me so there was room for him to sit next to me, he's drinking out of another jug.

my eyes look over to him slowly. i sit upright, eating on air until i reach over for his drink and immediately chug it down my throat. i left him a drop before he managed to snatch it back. "are you shucking kidding me?!"

i point my finger at him, it landed on his cheek. "don't you yell at me." i spoke with slur.
his eyes roll, he grabbed my arm and pulled me to my feet.
i immediately fell back down but he caught me, he groaned and lifted me over his shoulder.

my eyes can't even open properly or my mouth so i mumble loudly. "oh wow! you're strong!"

the crowds eyes watch him carry me to teresa's hammock. he almost throws me down with an empty jug in my lap. "go to sleep asshole."

i watch his dark figure disappear and my eyes start to turn heavy.