♡ chapter twelve - 𝙪𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 ♡

thomas held the keycard in his hand, swiping the machine, it turned green as the electronic doors open. a breeze of air sent me back to when the maze doors opened.

thomas walked in as we all are confused at our surroundings.
it was blue and very clean with suits displayed.
we look towards tank, full of blue water. grievers were being grown here.
"holy shit." i mumble under my breath.

the doors slide open, i fall closely behind them. we come face to face with bodies lined up with masks on.

i held my hand to my mouth, feeling my stomach curl. "what is this place?"

all of us separated until thomas thought he found teresa but was a girl that aris said was rachel.

the door opened, a man and janson walked through. thomas grabbed my arm and we hid behind a pillar.

"you sure this can't wait?" janson says in annoyance.
"no sir. she wanted to speak with you personally." he man on the ipad said.

i peer my head over to janson and the man.

the same doctor who shot herself in the head appeared on the screen. my mouth made an a.

"doctor paige. i wasn't expecting to hear from you quite so soon." janson said, smiling.

she stood up from her chair, walking to the screen. "change of plans janson. i'll be arriving first time tomorrow."

he folded his arms. "oh, wel be delighted to have you."
"i think you'll be pleased with the progress we've made." he said. "early results have been extremely promising. whatever you've been doing to them in there, it's working."
janson grinned slyly.

dr. ava paige stood silently with her arms to her side, looking at the brains on the screen. "not well enough." she assured. "i want all the remaining subject sedated and prepped for harvest by the time i arrive."

janson seemed angrier than before. "we are going as fast as we can. we are still running test."
she spoke in a dominant tone. "try something else t then! until i can guarantee their security. this is the best plan."
he glared at her, she returned to her desk.
"have you even found the right arm?"

the room began to quiet as the tension soaks up words.
"not yet."
she hums.
"so they're still out ther and they've already hit two of our installations. they want these kids as badly as we do! and i CANNOT.. i cannot afford another loss. not when i'm so close to a cure."
janson looked to the floor.
"might i suggest we start with our most recent arrivals." he said.
"just get it done." she spoke in annoyance.

my heart fell to my chest. thomas hands had moved to my mouth to keep me from freaking out.

janson turned away with a smile as ava was pushed off of the screen.
they both march towards the exit, locking the doors.

thomas' breath begins to become heavy. he runs to the exit with me and aris as soon as they were gone.

we climb up quickly through the vents, both me and thomas frantically crawling our way towards our bunks, bursting through the vent door.

thomas crawled before me, chanting. "we gotta go!"

minho glanced at me. "what's going on?" he shook my arms with confusion. i stood frozen, watching as thomas attempted to barricade the doors.

newt yelled. "will you just talk to us?!"
i butt in screaming. "ITS WCKD! AVA IS ALIVE! ITS ALWAYS BEEN WCKD!"

i join thomas to help barricade the doors, throwing beds to block the door.
newt walked towards me, grabbing my arms. "olivia. what did you see?"

i swallow a gulp down my throat, licking my lips slightly. i hear the door try to bang open. "they're here."

we all quickly crawl through the vents, coming out of an opening into a random hallway.
thomas breathed heavily as the rest followed.

we come face to face with a woman in a jacket. she held her chest as her heart jumped. "what are you kids doing out?"

we all stood frozen in fear.

the yellow alarmed blared around us.

thomas held the woman tightly, walking her down the corridor. we run quickly to the med wing, only to be met with a man with a gun.

minho groaned as he holds back. "MINHO!" i scream for him.
minho yelled as he run towards the men with guns, throwing them into the wall.
thomas grabbed the gun and ran with the others.

we swipe the card into the med wing, thomas folded in first, the doctors held up their hands in shock, scared for their life.
"where is she?! where is she!" thomas yelled, he passed the gun to minho.

teresa was laying on the bed with lines across her arm and wires in her nose. "thomas?" she asked wearily.
"come on. we gotta go." he replied, holding her close to him as she stood up.

thomas let her go, picking up a stool and attempting to brake the glass window. i notice his struggle and picked up another chair, smashing it.

teresa quickly laid a blanket over the shattered glass as thomas climbed her over.
i jump into the room through the glass, everyone else followed through.
minho threw me the gun as he hopped over.

thomas was first to go out of the door but blocked by a soldier pointing a gun at him. i angle my gun and blast him before he could shoot.

we again run through the hallway until thomas yelled. "THIS IS IT!"

thomas tried to use the keycard to open the exit door, it kept getting denied no matter how many times he did it. "come on!" he muttered.

from along the hallway, we hear janson speak. "thomas!"
i stand in front of him angling the gun towards janson. he holds up his hands.

newt tried to reach a hand out for me. "olivia. don't do it.."

thomas still struggles with the door. sweat started to drip from me as i shake the gun in my hand.