△ chapter twenty eight - 𝙧𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙚 △

newt and thomas helped get the children out of the bunkers, whilst gally held the gun to a soldiers neck, demanding. "how do i get into the vault?!"

gally quickly walked over to the vault with his fire gun (p.s. i can't actually remember what it's called, i'm sorry lol)

as minho was no longer to be seen, thomas approached in front of teresa, taunting her with his masculinity. "where is he?!"
she glanced around, confused.
"they must've moved him up the medical wing."

as they all discuss their plan i took a breather, holding my knees. i'm really struggling but i'm not going to go through with not rescuing minho.

i walked over to gally, who's busy at work. "i'm going to go with them." he glared at me, shaking his head. "you sure?" i nodded.
i kissed his cheek and made my way to the group, who is teresa, thomas and newt.

we walked through the WCKD corridors in our soldier suits until we met with a lift with janson inside. i gulped through a sigh.
all three of us glance at each other suspiciously.

"you're working late." he spoke, breaking the silence. teresa nervously chuckles, avoiding eye contact with him. "that's what i like about you, teresa."

pedo.

they rambled on for a couple of minutes until finally the lift beeped and teresa and us brushed past janson and kept on walking.
teresa turned to me. "olivia. people are dying. families are dying. there is something about your blood that i don't under-"
i pushed her forward with my armor, she used her thumbprint to open the door.

janson walked behind us, cocking a gun. "don't waste your breath, teresa! they made their choice long ago."

i pulled teresa into my arms, pointing the gun at her head. "back the FUCK UP or i swear i will blow her brains all over the fucking walls!"

janson stepped forward, still pressing me with his gun. "come on, olivia. i'm your father. i've known you longer than anyone else has. i know everything about you. i know what you can do and what you think you can do. and this is definitely not it."
"shoot her then." he demanded.

i pulled down the safety lock, until i felt a push against my stomach as i tumble back into thomas and newt. teresa decides to pull down the fire alarm, shutting the doors completely.
"FUCK!" i yelled, banging on the fire steel door. thomas and newt had removed their masks as thomas was staring at teresa with hatred in his eyes.

we quickly made our way up to the labs, still holding the guns close to us. i had a pistol in my pocket and a big shock gun in my hands.

we tried to keep low as quietly as we could, i had noticed newt more worried than before, i tapped his shoulder and assured him. "we can do this newt."

the sirens was so loud that it was crowding my head until i see thomas walk towards ava, pulling out his gun. i ran to thomas and pulled him away as soon as i saw janson.
"MINHO!" i scream down the corridors as we ran for our lives.

i run out of bullets in my gun as we shoot continuously. i fell to the floor to reload my gun. a bomb was set off by newt, stumbling down the corridor.
"YOU THREE FREEZE! GET YOUR ASSES ON THE GROUND NO-"
a soldier was pushed into the wall by minho, he yelled loudly, throwing the soldier now into the glass window.

all of us pant out of breath at the sight of minho, running into him for a hug. "this is real." he smiles softly.

we quickly retreated as the sounds of gun shooting occurred. we ran into a smaller room, closing the door and locking it. "fuck." i wheezy gasp, falling to my knees and holding my chest.

the boys pant as thomas searched the room for an escape. the door seemed to be slowly sawed open. "any ideas?!" minho asked, gulping.
thomas stared down the window to the floor. "maybe." he says.

the three boys smash the window with a canister, newt tried to get me up by arriving his eyes towards the window.

they all jumped together as soon as the door burst open. my heart skipped a beat as i stumbled to get to my feet. i felt a hand grab mine. "NO!" i yell as i'm pulled back.

i take all my energy and a deep breath into kicking janson in the stomach as i fell backwards, without a second thought i jump out of the window.

i closed my eyes and waited for impact. i hit the water like concrete, sinking under but eventually making my way up for breath, i held my chest. the pain had succeeded. "fuck." i whimper, back floating.

the boys quickly swam out of the water onto land only to be met with men with guns approaching us. i stayed in the water silently, trying to catch my breath.

my chest felt like it was caving in and it was agonizing.
one of the soldiers crept up and shot every single one of the others and removed their mask. gally.

minho glanced at him in concern and disbelief. "gally?!"

he quickly aided to me, glancing down towards me. "olivia, come on." i groaned, almost tears swelling in my eyes. "gally, it hurts." he grabbed my arm calmly, boosting me out of the water. he kept me steady with his arms wrapped around my waist.

we slide to hide behind a wall, gally pants, still holding onto my waist as i lean my head against the all. "they're definitely pissed." he says.
i chuckle. "no shit."

newt coughs in the distance, i could see the veins running up and down his neck. everyone looks at him nervously. i weakly walk up to newt, grabbing his arm and carrying him to the floor. "come on newt."