☆ chapter eight - 𝙧𝙪𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚! ☆

"come on." he spoke, grabbing my hand gently and leading me out of the box.

in the distance i see thomas, chuck, newt, and almost everyone leave a hut.
they were all looking towards the blazing fire and the mess of the glade.

i walked slowly behind gally, still holding his hand. "i see them." he spoke, he finally let go out my hand, his eyes wandering the glade.
he finally reached them.
"where's that greenie?!" he pronounced angrily.

they all looked to the floor then looked at me.
"where is he?" i ask, stuttering.

gally's eyes linger towards mine. a guilt of emptiness washed over me.
"no..-" i stumble backwards.

gally falls to keep me upright.

i sink to the floor, immediately breaking down.
"NO!" i scream, feeling my heart get ripped from my body.

gally shushes me from the floor as everyone watches in awe for me.

my eyelashes drop as i feel my escape of consciousness.

i wake up with the sun in my eyes. my face was aching and stained with tears, i was laying on gally's leg as he fell asleep against the wall, almost guarding it. "morning sunshine. how you feeling?"

i didn't say a word, only a mumble.

he helps me up to my feet as i stumble away from him, he just lets me soak in my pain.

i come across teresa, thomas and the rest all in a circle together.
"greenie." newt notices me with his eyes furrowed, he grabs my hand and pulls me into the circle.
"what's going on?" i stutter.

chuck looks towards me with a frown. "gally's taken control now. he said we have a choice. either join him or be banished at sunrise."

my stomach flips. "why would he do that?"
teresa looks at me emphatically, spoke with a soft tone. "he's convinced most of the gladers that your brother and you are the main reason all of this has happened."

my mouth parts speechless. so that kiss meant nothing to him? at all?

i hold up my hands to them confused. "i think some time to think about this."

i walk back over to see gally, he wasn't there, instead he was near the main entrance to the maze, surrounded by gladers. there was poles set up like flags.

i get nudged from my shoulder, seeing thomas and teresa behind me, thomas was unconscious.
"hey! what are you doing?!"
they completely ignored me so i retreat to the place they're taking them.

"gally? what's going on?" i move further forward. he doesn't talk to me, not even eye contact.

winston steps forward, with a concerned look. "gally."
gally turns to him slowly.
"i doesn't feel right man."
jeff interrupted, standing next to him. "yeah. what if the greenie was right. maybe it could lead us home."

gally stepped forward, keeping a locked eye on him. "we are home."
he points to the stone wall with the crossed out names. "i don't want to cross anymore names off that wall."

teresa buts in, aggressively, still being held by a glader. "you really think banishing us is going to solve anything?"
he glanced to teresa. "no." he said. "but this isn't banishing. it's an offering."

the boy glader pulls teresa onto the pole, she pleads for her life with a shakey voice. "wait- gally!"
"if you guys stay here the grievers are going to come back and they'll keep coming back until you are dead!"

gally jaw clenched shut, screaming at teresa and yelling. "tie thomas up!"
the two boys lift thomas from the ground but thomas elbows them in the groin, they groan in pain.

newt pulled out a blade, hitting one of the gladers in the back knocking them down.

minho stepped forward and leant a knife at gally, he stopped moving.

thomas stood in front of everyone holding out a wooden stick, taunting gally.
"you're full of surprises, aren't you?"

i stand back in confusion. what had just happened?

"we don't belong here." thomas shook his head, his hands were shaking with fear.
"we can make it out of here." he spoke confidently, a few gladers stepped up next to him along with the others.

newt narrated for me to come over. i look towards gally, his eyes full of hatred. "is this part of your plan, sunshine. huh?"
i shook my head, my heart was thumping.

no words came out of my mouth.

i joined newt.

gally looked down at me like i'm prey.
"good luck against the grievers." gally gulped. his eyes meeting mine mostly.

i could feel my heart shattering.
before newt could pull me away i pushed him off me.
"gally come with us. please."

he looks away to the floor.

my heart can't take another death, it would destroy me.

i run towards him, hugging him tightly. he stumbled backwards but hung onto me. "go. live." he whispered in my ear.

my stomach churned. he knew he was going to die.

newt pulled me back.
"what?" i stumble through my words. "no. gally!" i yell as newt and thomas almost have to make me run.

i feel a tear run down my face as i'm running for my life.

we quickly run through the maze, i stagger behind as i'm not as fast as the others, newt joined me with his limp.
why has he got a limp?

minho gave chuck the key to getting out. "take this chuck and stay behind us."

the fighting seemed much of a blur to me, only all i saw was a few gladers get stung and thrown off of the side of the wall.

the adrenaline was the only thing holding me together.

newt grabbed my hand as we reached the door with chuck.
"oh shit!" i yell, realizing there's a code.
"MINHO, WHAT'S THE CODE?!"

minho tries to yell against the sound of the screeching grievers. "SEVEN, ONE, FIVE, TWO, SIX, FOUR, EIGHT, THREE!"

minho grunts, falling over but thomas throw a long stick at the stick managing to pull minho away.

the door wrote 'COMPLETE' on it with green lights.

the stone ceilings above the grievers begin to fall as everyone stumbles towards the doors until it slams down.