The Business Meeting

Nikita could be seen talking to a group of guys, when Mimi joined her.

"That's all! You can go!" Nikita said, and the guys left.

"Are they going to do it perfectly?" Mimi asked, as they began walking back to class.

"Trust me! I really can't wait for tonight!" Nikita smirked. She suddenly spotted Kelly at a corner with his friends. She immediately went rushed to him.

"Kelly!" She waved but Kelly didn't wait. She stood watching them dejectedly.

"Don't let him distract you! We've a lot to prepared ahead of tonight!" Mimi pat her shoulder.

"I hope you still like her after tonight!" Nikita smirked.

❃✧❃✧❃

<NIGHTTIME •• HERNANDEZ ESTATE>

Mikaela stepped out of her room,all dressed for the party. She was wearing a short, flowy dress with a bright, colorful pattern. The dress is paired with a pair of clean white sneakers, and a matching bag that dangles casually from the shoulder.

The dress hugging her curves and shapes perfectly, even though she was feeling uncomfortable in it, she wanted to try something new for a change. She was still trying to pull down the dress a little when she saw a figure standing in front of her.

She look up to see Princeton. Thier eyes met and Princeton immediately looked away.

"Where are you going?" He asked casually.

"A friend invited me to a party-

"May I know who this friend is?"

"It's Kelly, and may I also know why the sudden interrogation?" Mikaela said.

"Ke- lly?" Princeton repeated, finally raising his head.

Mikaela nodded.

"That doesn't matter, Boss instruct me to watch over you" Princeton replied.

"Why does everyone keep taking me for a kid of yesterday ? Am I not allowed to drink myself up to get over someone?" She asked, and Princeton

"That's the instruction he gave, I'm sorry!" Princeton responded,his head down.

"Cos he's suspicious I'm in love with a guy, and the guy is you!" Mikaela smiled.

Princeton went silent.

"If he asked about me, then tell him I'm asleep, okay?" Mikaela started walking towards the door.

"I should come with you!"

"I don't need a bodyguard, I'll be fine!" She opened the door, and walked out. Princeton eyes followed her, then he sighed.

Something suddenly ranged in his head.

"Why's she going to Kelly, this late?!!" He muttered inwardly.

❃✧❃✧❃

<10PM>

In a large, glass-walled conference room in a downtown skyscraper. The room is filled with men and women in business suits.

The conversation is light and friendly, with everyone sipping wine and laughing but Lyric seems to be getting bored every second. Especially when she has to sit with them, doing nothing.

Leonardo was busy chatting with one of the ladies and she kept stealing glances at them, as they chatted and laugh, making her more annoyed. It's as if he totally forgot he came there with her.

She turned and her eyes catch a guy staring at her internly. She stlishly look away, and grabbed a drink, gulping down the whole content at once.

Minutes passed, and the guy was still staring at her. She suddenly feel like pressed, but she don't even know where the restroom is.

Leonardo suddenly look up to see Lyric fidgeting in her seat. He was about asking when she stood, and leave the gathering.

He wanted to went after her, but a message popped on his phone screen and he checked. It's actually from her.

She was actually informing him that she had to use the restroom.

"Does she knows where it is?" He said to himself.

"Leonardo!" The lady he has been chatting with call back his attention, and he turned to her again, the continue thier conversation.

❃✧❃✧❃

Lyric opened the door to the restroom and stepped out, smoothing her dress down with her hands. As she turned the corner, she nearly collided with Leonardo, who was standing there, looking as handsome as ever.

"Sir Leonardo!!" She jumped back, startled, and a blush rose to her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you I was just waiting for you to come out," Leonardo said, his voice smooth and deep.

Lyric's blush deepened.

"I was ready to go in there when you wouldn't come out" Leonardo said, and Lyric raised her eyebrows.

He stepped closer to her, and placed a hand on her forehead.

"Are you okay?" He asked concernly, and Lyric just stared at him dumbfounded.

She gave a nod, and Leonardo withdraw his hand. He slowly held her hand.

"Come with me!" He began walking away, and Lyric just followed without a word,her eyes not leaving thier interlocked hands.What is he doing? Why is he suddenly acting this way?

Lyric could feel her heart racing as Leonardo took her hand in his. He led her through the restaurant, past the main dining area and into a private room.

The room was elegant and intimate, with soft lighting and plush seating.

The table is set with fine china and crystal glasses, and the smell of freshly cooked food wafts through the air. She stared at the long dinning table,filled with different meals before turning to Leonardo.

"What are we doing here? Shouldn't we be at the meeting?"

"I ended it!" Leonardo answered.

"Why? We haven't talked about the new-

"I noticed you didn't eat at the meeting, maybe cos you don't feel comfortable with much people around. So, I prepared this for you!" He replied,and Lyric look at him.

"For me?"

"Cos I want like to spend some time with you alone. Just the two of us-"

⭒⋆⭒⋆

Please do votes and comments if you like today's chapter.

Xoxo 💖