The Basketball Match 2

<MOMENTS LATER>

Mikaela was standing by the bleachers, her eyes fixed on the basketball court as she waited for the game to begin, most especially for Princeton to be called out, funny how she has came there for Kelly,but her mind was filled up with Princeton instead.

The noise of the crowd was growing louder as people took their seats and began chatting with their friends.

As Mikaela scanned the arena, she spotted Banjo from the crowd. She had saw him speaking with Princeton. She immediately stood up from her seat and rushed to him.

Banjo who was taken by surprise, at her sudden appearance.

"Hi, You remember me right?" She asked, with a smile.

Banjo nodded.

"Where's Princeton?  Is he no longer playing,I haven't seen him around" She asks impatiently.

"He's in the locker room getting ready right now." Banjo replied and Mikaelela eyes widened with excitement.

"Can you show me the place?"

"Sure!" Banjo said, and turned to began leading her over there, but she pulled him back.

"Before that, can you give me his number without telling him? You see he won't stop refusing!" Mikaela stated and Banjo just stare at her.

"Please, I'll be forever grateful to you" She added funnily.

Banjo chuckled before nodding.

••

"Alright, listen up Princeton, Today is the big day, and I know you're feeling nervous. But I want you to remember one thing - you've got this. You've put in the hard work, you've trained, you've practiced, and now it's time to show the world what you're made of. You're the best player in our team and I know you're going to give it your all. So don't worry, don't stress, just focus on the game and play your hardest" the coach said to Princeton, his voice booming over the gymnasium.

"Thanks Coach" Princeton chortled.

"Break a leg, I'll be watching okay?" The coach patted his shoulder and left.

Almost immediately, Mikaelela walked in.

"Did you forget..." Princeton paused, when he saw who it his.

Without thinking, Princeton rushed towards him, her face alight with excitement.

"Why are you here?" He asked, immediately.

"What else? To cheer you up of course? Aren't you happy to see me?" Mikaela said sadly.

"It's not that, I mean aren't you here for Kelly? You should be with him and not here...

"Wait a minute... Are you jealous?" She cuts him off.

"Why will I be? He's your friend..."

"I only came here to tell you tell you I'll be cheering for you also, so, Fighting!!" She bubbled joyously.

❃✧❃✧❃

The gymnasium was packed to the rafters with screaming fans, all eager to see who would be crowned the champion of the basketball tournament.

Kelly, was doing warm-ups, while the home team, Princeton, was doing the same. Both players were looking sharp, and it was clear that this would be a hard-fought battle.

The energy in the arena was palpable, the tension building as the game was about to start

As the crowd began to clear out, the announcer called out Kelly, He waved to the crowd, and then his eyes landed on Mikaela, who was also clapping for him. He smiled at her and she flash him a smile back, before leaving the court.

Then the announcer called out the names of the Princeton player.

As Princeton stood in the doorway, the light from the gymnasium cast a shadow over his features, highlighting his strong jawline and piercing blue eyes. He was wearing a black tank top, showing off his well-defined muscles, and a pair of dark jeans.

His hair was slicked back, and he had a confident, almost cocky air about him. He's natural handsome but he look dangerously handsome.

Mikaela couldn't help but stare hard, with her eyes wide. She had to admit, He's natural handsome but he look dangerously handsome.

Mikaela's smile only grew wider as the Princeton kept his eyes averted, refusing to look at her at all.

Kelly noticed this, and he narrowed his eyes, glaring daggers at the Princeton. He really has to win this at all cost.

From the very first minutes of the game, it was clear that Princeton and Kelly were evenly matched. Both players were putting up a strong fight, each player giving it their all on the court.

It was a fierce back-and-forth game, with the score neck and neck. The crowd was going wild, cheering for their teams. The noise was deafening, but the players were focused, giving it their all.

The first half ended with the score tied, and the crowd was buzzing with anticipation for the second half.

The second half began almost immediately, and the energy in the gymnasium was even more intense than before.

Kelly seemed to have a new energy, coming out of the break more determined than ever. They were playing with a fire in their bellies, and it showed on the court. They began to pull ahead, slowly but surely, their lead increasing with every basket they made. Princeton was fighting hard, but it was clear that Kelly was in the zone.

As the final seconds of the game ticked down, the crowd was on their feet, cheering for Kelly as he sealed the victory.

Kelly turned to Mikaela, and immediately rushed to where she stood in the middle of the crowd.

Without thinking, he swept her up in a hug, lifting her off the ground and spinning her around. She was shocked,and wasn't expecting it, she turn to met Princeton gaze on them, he turned away and left the field.

"Wait... put me down Kelly!" She muttered.

Kelly set her back down, his hands still on her shoulders. Mikaela stylishly removed his hand.

"I'm sorry if that got you mad, I was just too happy... " he asked, his voice gentle.

"I'm not mad, and congratulations for winning" She said simply.

Kelly force a smile, He was surprised she's going to say only that.

"Kelly!!" One of Kelly's teams called from where they all stood. They hasn't been any chance of celebrate yet.

"I think I should go"  Mikaela said.

"I want to tell you something remember" Kelly responded.

"Let's just talk about it in school, I promise" She assured and ran out of the place.

"The Coach wanted to see you" One of Kelly's teams came to pull him away from there

⭒⋆⭒⋆

Please do votes and comments if you like today's chapter.

Xoxo 💖