15

Kunimi looked at you in concern. "Are you ok, Y/n?"

You let out a sigh. "I have no clue what's wrong with my sister."

Your sister frowns. "How can you be so mean to me?!"

Suga gently rubbed her back. "You did run all the way back here just to see what they were up to, then continued to make Ouran High School Host Club references. You could've interrupted something between them like that."

Neko pouted. "But I wanted to see them making progress..." She smirked. "Or making babies."

Kunimi turned bright red. "I-I-I'm not just gonna do that with Y/n!"

You felt like your face was on fire. "I hate you. I'm never making food for you ever again."

Suga had a drop of sweat roll down his face. "Don't worry, you two. She didn't mean anything by it. She has been watching too many rom com animes lately."

"BUT I SHIP THEM!" She wailed. She started rolling on the ground, flailing her limbs about. "AKIRA-KUN AND Y/N-CHAN ARE PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER, BUT IT FEELS LIKE I'M THE ONLY ONE THAT SEES IT! YOU'RE MY LITTLE SISTER, PLEASE GET WITH HIM! YOU TWO EVEN CUDDLE, AND THAT'S THE ONLY TIME YOU ACTUALLY SLEEP! IT WAS LIKE FATE THAT YOU TWO MET. Or like some fanfiction plot." She murmured the last part.

Suga sweat dropped once more. "She's also been reading a bit too much fanfiction for all of her favorite animes. Neko, you need to stop with the Jujutsu Kaisen fics, sweetie."

Neko crossed her arm over her chest, still laying on the floor. "But the Gojo ones are really good! Have you seen that man? He is the epitome of beauty in men!"

You glared at her. "Shut up! You have a boyfriend! Stop being so obsessed with 2D men! And get your weird fantasies away from me and Kuni! The more you do this, the more you mess with our friendship! Have you ever thought that your behavior could potentially drive Kuni away from me?!"

Neko gasped, her eyes going wide. "You'd blame me when you're the one not making a move?"

Suga held her hand, rubbing circles on the back of her hand with his thumb. "Neko, you're going to far with this whole thing. Let them move at their own pace. Kunimi and Y/n-chan need the freedom to do as they please. If they ever get into a romantic relationship one day, it needs to be because one of them decided to make a move and wanted to have a future together. Stop interfering. I know she's your little sister, but Y/n-chan is perfectly capable of making her own decisions."

"Thank you, Suga." You give the older boy a small smile.

Kunimi sighed, leaning back on the couch beside you. "If I wanted to get into a relationship with Y/n, I'd like to have the choice to do it myself."

Your eyes widened at his statement. "Uh, what?" Your face flushed, the idea of you being in a romantic relationship with your best friend running through your head.

Kunimi's face flushed at the fact that he said that aloud. "Hypothetically, of course."

Neko whined. "See! They would make a great couple but neither of them are making a move! It's up to me to give them a push, just like how Kaoru gave Hikaru and Haruhi a push!"

You groaned. "Enough with Ouran High School Host Club already!"

"Never!"

Suga grabbed her hand and pulled her up, heading towards the front door. "I'll take her on a date so you two can have some peace. Enjoy your time together."

You nod, waving at the boy. "Thanks, Suga. See you later."

"See you!" He walks out of the house, dragging your sister with him.

Kunimi gave an awkward chuckle. "That was something."

"Neko gets worse every time. Honestly, I might have to start lying to her to get her off my case."

The boy beside you raises a brow. "Lie about what?"

"I probably have to lie and say you and I are dating, just so she'd stop with all of this."

The wing spiker's eyes widened, he chokes on air. "What?!"

You shrug. "I mean, I think she'll stop if she thinks that we're actually dating."

Kunimi let out a breath. "What if we actually dated instead? Would that really be so bad?"

Your eyes widened, your face heating up as you slowly turn to look at him. "W-what?"

Kunimi realized what he just said. "I was just saying. I doesn't mean anything. Actually, just forget I said anything. It was stupid." 'Why did I even say anything? If I ruin our friendship with my feelings, she'll leave and stop hanging around me like this. I don't want to live without her in my life. I can't mess up. Just try making your comment seem like a joke.' He lets out a dry chuckle. "Just forget it, it was a bad joke."

You release the breath you hadn't realized you were holding. 'Was he really joking? It didn't seem like a joke. I was hoping he was serious.' You look away from him. "It wouldn't be the worst thing for us to get into a relationship. I mean, I get what Neko is saying. I just don't know if that's what we both want."

Kunimi perks up, sneaking a glance at you. "Are you saying you'd like to date me?"

"I wouldn't hate it. You're the first person I really became friends with. We're close, and I trust you as much as I trust Suga and Neko."

Kunimi turned away, smiling to himself. 'So... I have a chance.' Hope fluttered in his chest. Maybe, just maybe, he finally get to be your boyfriend.