6

You leaned your head on your desk, looking over at the boy sitting beside you. "Kunimi, when do you start going to your club thing?"

Kunimi looked at you, a small smile on his face. "Since it's already been a week, we start going to practices today, at least the first years start today. Sorry that I won't be able to walk you home or work on homework together today."

You shrug. "It's fine. Maybe I'll have to go to one of your matches and watch you play volleyball sometime."

His eyes sparkled at that. "You should. I can't guarantee that I'll be a starting player, but it would be pretty cool for you to come watch a match. Maybe I can teach you about volleyball."

"Ok. I know some things, though. Suga had taught me before. Though, I wasn't really interested, so you might need to remind me of some of those things. I can't promise I remember everything I was taught."

Kunimi chuckled. "I see. I don't mind teaching you about the game. In fact, if you want to join a club, I can help you with that. You could try being our manager. From what I heard the boys' volleyball club doesn't have a manager yet. I think all the guys on the team would appreciate if you helped out. It'll make it easier on me to teach you, and we'd be able to walk home together all the time."

You raise your brow. "Wait, it's Tuesday. Did you skip practice yesterday?"

"You changed the subject."

"We'll get back to it. Answer my question."

Kunimi let out a sigh. "Alright. There's no practices on Mondays. It a rest day for the team, and we practice on the other days of the week, even on Sundays."

"I see. And about being your manager... I'll think about it. I make no promises that I'll actually join. I'm not a huge fan of being around people, and I usually spend my free time-"

"Reading and playing video games. I remember." Kunimi smiled at you. "Though, I recommend you try sleeping more, and not just when I'm at your house."

You pout. "It's hard to sleep, Kunimi. I sleep better when you're around."

A blush spread on the boy's face. "Well, still! You should try getting better sleep without me around. I can't always be there to help you sleep."

"You should. If you want me to sleep, then stay with me more."

Kunimi looked away from you. "That's not something I can do all the time. My sister already complains about me coming home so late from your house. She's determined to say that I either have a girlfriend, or that I'm trying to run away from home."

You raise your brow at him. "Wow, your sister already came to those conclusions? Neko and Suga try asking me what my relationship with you is. They insist on suggesting there's some sort of connection, but I deny it every time. They have no proof, regardless of what they try saying about the fact that we cuddle and sleep on my bed often."

"Kunimi! L/n!" Kindaichi walked into the room, heading over to the two of you. "How are you guys?"

Kunimi frowns. "Normal, I guess. We were just talking about our sisters."

Kindaichi raised a brow. "You never talk about your personal life, Kunimi. Are you feeling alright? Has something happened recently. You've been acting a little different than how I know you to be."

You peer at the other boy from around Kunimi. "I don't know how he usually acts with you, but he keeps pestering me to get sleep. He even comes to my house and makes me take a nap after we do our homework."

The blush on Kunimi's face darkened. He wasn't expecting you to actually say what's been going on. "You don't sleep, you don't even try! You need to worry about your health!"

"Says the one that wants to take away my free time by making me the manager of your club."

Kindaichi nearly choked on his food. "You're thinking about being the manager for our volleyball club?! You should do it!"

You sigh, grabbing your food out of your school bag. "I don't know, guys. What's in it for me?"

Kunimi grins. "You always get to spend time with me, plus you can watch me play volleyball any time. It makes walking home together possible and easy. And we can always eat dinner together."

You sigh. "Fine. What room is your coach in? I'll fill out an application."

Kunimi stands up, grabbing your hand. "Come on, I'll take you there and help you out."

You sigh, walking with the boy through the halls. You meet the coach, asking for a manager application form. He hands it to you, and you fill it out. You hand it back to you. He offers a smile to you and thanks you for joining. You walk away, heading back to your class with Kunimi.

Kunimi sighed, smiling as he walked beside you. "That wasn't so hard, now was it?"

"I want to eat my lunch. Let's hurry back to the classroom." You started walking faster, Kunimi keeping pace with you.

"Don't pretend like you don't care. You chose to do this. No backing out now."

"I know, I know. Just shut up and eat lunch with your manager."

He smiles, happily eating his lunch once you two get back to the classroom. Kindaichi looked in disbelief as his friend smiled while eating his lunch. You silently ate your lunch, knowing you wouldn't have time to read the book you had brought with you.