4

You sigh, taking your book out of your bag. You open it, standing up and heading to the door of your classroom.

Kunimi followed you, catching up in the hallway to walk by your side. "L/n, wait up. Let me walk with you."

You stop, slowly turning to him. "What?"

"I was thinking we could walk home together." He had a slight blush building on his face.

"Then come over to my house, I guess. No one else will be home until clubs let out. We can work on the homework together."

Kunimi smiled brightly, walking right by your side to the shoe lockers. "I see. I guess that would be fine."

You two change out of your indoor shoes, putting on your other set of shoes so you can walk home. You two leave the school building, heading into the direction of your house.

Kunimi glanced at you from the corner of his eye, seeing you still reading the book while walking. "Why would you invite me to your house, by the way?"

You look over at him. "You were the one that wanted to walk home with me. Personally, I have no problem with letting someone else come over. We may not have known each other long, but I feel that I should try acting nicer towards you. My sister tries telling me to make friends, the least I can do is attempt to make one."

He hums. "I see. Well, I can be your friend. I don't mind. Oh, and you should probably try sleeping tonight. You can't run on little sleep forever."

You look back at your book, murmuring to the boy beside you. "I can't help that. It's just really hard for me to sleep. Falling and staying asleep is almost impossible for me. I'm fine running on no sleep, I've done it for most of my life."

Kunimi frowns. "Then, I'm gonna help you sleep."

You stop, having arrived at your house. "That's easier said than done. You shouldn't worry about me so much. I'll be fine. I really don't need to sleep much to function properly."

You two walk inside the house together. Both of you take off your shoes, walking further into the house. You lead the boy up to your bedroom, where you open the door. You follow him into your room, closing the door behind you. You sit on your bed as Kunimi takes a seat at your desk. You grab out your homework and a pencil, looking over the papers to see what you'd need to do.

Kunimi took out his homework, glancing over at you. "Are we working together?"

You shrug, not looking at him. "How about we do the work first, then compare our answers? It will take less time, and we can guide each other through the problems that we're struggling with."

And that's exactly what you two did. It didn't take more than an hour for you two to finish the work. You move over to your desk and lean against the boy that was sitting in the chair. You two compare your homework. Which, for the most part, was identical. There were a few questions on some of the papers that didn't line up, so you both had to explain how you got that answer. In the end, you only got one wrong, Kunimi getting most of the questions that didn't match wrong.

Kunimi raised a brow when you both finished correcting your work. "Even with little to no sleep, you're still better at this than I am. That's kind of impressive."

You shrug, taking a seat on your bed once again. "I suppose. It's not a big deal to me, though. Why don't you come over here and we can talk or something?" You pat the space beside you on the bed.

Kunimi slowly got up from the chair and walked over to your bed, carefully sitting beside you. "You invite a guy into your house, into your room. You must have some confidence that I'm not gonna do anything, huh?"

You look at him, blinking slowly. "I trust that you wouldn't do anything bad. You don't seem like that kind of person, Kunimi."

His eyes widened. "I'm not, but I'm impressed that you could figure that out."

"I'm able to get a good enough read on people to know where to draw the line."

Kunimi tackled you suddenly, your back against the bed. "Then let's see how right your read on me was."

Your eyes widened. "What are you doing? Why would you suddenly tackle me?"

He had a playful glint in his eyes. "Now your lying down, and I'm holding you in place. You can get some sleep and I'll watch over you."

You sigh, closing your eyes and leaning against the warm body. "It's not gonna work, but I'll humor you."

You soon fell asleep against Kunimi. The moment he realized you were asleep, he gently pulled you closer to him, putting your face by the crook of his neck. He closed his own eyes and drifted off to sleep.