14

You wake up the next morning, still in Kunimi's arms. You smile to yourself, leaning into the boy's chest. You breathe in deeply, taking in his scent. Your smile stretches wider as his scent fills your nose. 'He smells so good. And he feels so warm. I could get used to this. I wouldn't mind it if he liked me back. In fact, I think things would be better if he did. Being in a relationship with him, being able to do all of this more often... I think I want that. But I don't think I could tell him. As much as I'd like to ruin our friendship and be something more, I don't want to lose him. Having him by my side is the best thing in the world, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. If it means I have to put my feelings aside and keep things the way they are, I'll gladly remain his friend. As long as I can still be in his arms like this, I think I can be happy.'

You don't move, just remain snuggled against the sleeping boy. Little did you know, he was sleeping with a smile on his face. He was happy to have you in his arms. And he was glad that he could be the one to help you sleep better. Kunimi wouldn't trade moments like this for anything.

Your phone goes off, causing you to turn around in Kunimi's arms. You grab your phone, and open it to see texts from your sister.

Neko: How was your night?

Neko: Did you and Kunimi dance the devil's tango? ;)

You: NEE-SAN

Neko: Come on, tell me everything

You: We only showered, ate dinner, and went to bed

Neko: You showered together?

You: No

Neko: Ok, but you two are sleeping in the same bed?

You: Yes

Neko: They grow up so fast

Neko: I'm proud of you baby sis

You: You're weird

Neko: YO MAMA WEAR TOO MUCH MAKEUP

You: Quit it with the Ouran High School Host Club references

Neko: No <3

Neko: The show is just too funny

You: Dude

Neko: MAMA Y/N'S USING THOSE DIRTY BOY WORDS AGAIN

You: I hate you

You: Go fuck your boyfriend

Neko: Oh I will

You: Ew

You put your phone, turning back to Kunimi. You snuggle into his chest, a smile spreading across your face once more.

Kunimi's eyes flutter open, focusing on the top of your head. A smile spreads across his lips. "Did you sleep well, Y/n?"

Your eyes widened, quickly looking up at his face. "Y-yeah. Did I wake you?"

"No. But you were moving around quite a bit. Did something happen?"

You sigh, turning to grab your phone from your bedside table. "Neko texted me." You opened the message thread, showing Kunimi the messages.

The boy turned red at the first few messages. "Your sister is weird."

You nod, then look up at his face. "Are you ok? Your face is red."

Kunimi looks away, his cheeks still flushed. "I'm fine. Just, the devil's tango text got me."

"I see. I did think she went overboard with it. She could've just let me explain things. I keep telling her that we're just friends, but she gets these weird ideas in her head."

Kunimi nods, finally sitting up on the bed. "Remind me to not speak with your sister alone."

You chuckle, getting out of bed. "Yeah, that might be for the best."

Kunimi grabs your wrist, stopping you from moving away from the bed. "Come back. Let's lay down for a bit longer."

You smile sweetly at him, moving back to your bed. "Ok. Just for a little, though. We will have to get up eventually for breakfast." You lay back on the bed, snuggling into the boy.

He smiles, wrapping his arms around you and pulling you closer. "Fine. But, right now, I want to cuddle you for a little longer."

After about an hour of cuddles, you did get out of bed. You had to practically drag Kunimi out of bed, forcing him to get changed in the bathroom. He, though reluctantly at first, did get changed and walked to the living room. He plopped himself down on the couch, waiting for you to call for him.

You had quickly changed before dragging the boy out of bed. Currently, you were making breakfast for the two of you. You decided to make pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon. You were smiling and humming your favorite song while cooking.

Suddenly, the front door slams open. "HEY HEY HEY!"

You flinched, running to the doorway of the kitchen. "Nee-san! Don't just barge in like that!"

You noticed Suga standing behind her. The silver haired boy waves. "Good morning, Y/n-chan."

"Good morning Suga." You walk back into the kitchen, continuing to cook.

"Hey, DON'T IGNORE ME!" Your sister screams. She notices Kunimi sitting on the couch. "Oh, hey, Akira-kun."

Kunimi nods, still uncomfortable with the texts from this morning. "Morning."

Neko waltzes into the kitchen. "Oh, Y/n-chan~!"

"What the fuck. I heard the squiggly line."

She pouts. "You used to be so cute. Akira-kun, Koushi, come in here."

The two boys walk into the kitchen, both looking confused.

Neko pulls up an old picture of you on her phone. "That's enough, Y/n. DADDY WANTS YOU TO GO BACK TO HOW YOU USED TO BE!"

You glare at her. "DON'T GO PULLING UP MY PHOTOS WITHOUT ASKING ME FIRST!"

Neko grinned. "What happened to telling me to stop with the Ouran High School Host Club references? You just joined in."

You send her a death glare. "You don't get breakfast. Go away."

She whines. "Y/n-chan!"