12

Kunimi looks over at you. He just got a text from his parents, saying that he could spend the night at your house. They only agreed since there wasn't any school tomorrow. He wanted to go up and talk to you, but he didn't know how he'd be able to do that since practice was going on. The last thing Kunimi wanted was to gain his teammates' attention when talking to you, especially with what he wanted to tell you.

You felt a pair of eyes on you, seeing a certain first year looking at you. You offer a small smile. You motion with your hand for him to come over to you. You smiled when he stood before you. "Is everything alright, Kuni? You were looking at me like you wanted to tell me something."

Kunimi smiled softly. "I did want to tell you something, but I didn't know how to get your attention. I didn't want the other guys to think something's going on. They might get the wrong idea about things."

"I get that. So, what did you want to tell me?"

His eyes sparkle as his happiness bubbles inside of him. "My parents said it's ok for me to spend the night. I know we originally planned for it to happen earlier in the week, but I have my bag packed with things to stay at your place. And my parents think it's fine since there's no school tomorrow."

You smile at him. "I see. Well, I'll quickly text Neko that you'll be staying over tonight. I'm glad you can stay over. Now, I can finally get some good sleep."

Kunimi nods, leaning in close to your face. He whispers in your ear. "I look forward to cuddling you all night." He walks away, rejoining practice with the others.

You remain standing in place, shocked at Kunimi's sudden action. You felt your heart racing, your face was a deep shade of red. 'W-what? What was that? He just whispered in my ear and said something normal, but it feels like my heart is about to beat out of my chest. I should ask Neko what's going on.'

You quickly pull out your phone, opening the message thread with your sister.

You: Nee-san, I need your help

Neko: What's up baby sis? You're lucky that I'm not doing anything in my club rn

You: Kuni is staying the night tonight

Neko: WEJBFHWIFEFFJEPFESSJJD;JVFDD

Neko: OMG OK I SEE YOU BABY SIS I'LL STAY AT KOUSHI'S TONIGHT

You: Nee-san! I NEED YOUR HELP WITH SOMETHING

Neko: Ok, what's going on?

You: My face felt hot and my heart started racing when Kuni whispered in my ear

Neko: DAMN AKIRA-KUN I SEE YOU

You: NEE-SAN HELP ME

Neko: Right, so basically you're crushing on your boy there

You: I see

You: What do I do about this

Neko: KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE

You: I hate you sometimes

You: You're not being helpful

Neko: Well when I started feeling like that with Koushi, we ended up confessing to each other then went on a date and shared our first kiss

Neko: I dunno what to tell ya

You: I'll figure it out on my own

Neko: Good luck, lemme know how that goes, I'll be at Koushi's tonight

You sigh, putting your phone away. Sometimes, your sister seemed to be weird and would say the most random things. For once, she didn't actually help you out with your problem. You sit in the gym, continuing to watch the boys' practice.

Kunimi smiled, seeing as you were watching him. He was excited to be spending the night at your place. It was the only thing he could think about, the only thing he looked forward to. 'I get to eat more of her cooking, and then I get to cuddle with her in bed all night! I have to be the luckiest guy ever! But, I have to keep this a secret. I'll only get teased about this if the other guys were to find out. We still have practice tomorrow, so I have to make sure they don't find out that I'll be with Y/n all night. Man, I'm so excited!'

You paid close attention to the practicing boys, noticing a slight smile on Kunimi's face. You wondered what makes him so happy all the time. From what you heard from Kindaichi, Kunimi seems happier than he usually would. But, then again, there was never a time where he wasn't happy around you. You brightened up his day without even knowing it. And Kunimi would never let you know just how he was feeling about you.

You let out a sigh as practice draws to an end. You stand up, heading over to where your things were. You gather everything and prepare to leave, when someone stops you.

Kindaichi had walked over to you, an uncertain look on his face. "Hey, L/n. Can I talk to you real quick?"

You nod, tilting your head to one side. "Sure. What's up, Kindaichi?"

"Kunimi as smiling a lot during practice. I also noticed that he had walked over to you and spoke with you about something. What exactly did you guys talk about?"

Your eyes widened briefly, but you quickly returned them to normal. "Oh, it was nothing. It was just some plans we had been trying to make."

Kindaichi raised a brow. "What kind of plans?"

"That's none of your business." Kunimi had appeared behind the boy, overhearing the conversation.

Kindaichi jumped, turning to look at the other boy. "Kunimi! You scared me!"

Kunimi narrowed his eyes at the other boy. "Don't pry into my business. Whatever goes on between Y/n and I isn't your business. Leave it alone." He grabs your wrist, pulling you out of the gym. "Come on, wait for me while I quickly get changed and grab my things."

You nod, standing in place. "Ok."

He hurries off to get change, quickly leaving the club room when he finished. The other members of the team looked at him in surprise, but none of them got the chance to ask Kunimi about it. The wing spiker walked back to you, grabbing your hand and walking towards your house with you.

You feel your face heat up at his actions. "Um, Kuni?"

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah." You hesitate. "I just wanted to tell you that Neko will be at her boyfriend's house tonight. We have the house to ourselves."

Kunimi paused, a smile spreading on his face as he continued walking. "I have no problems with that."

You two continue walking to your house, a comfortable silence spreading between you and Kunimi. When you get to your house, you unlock the door and walk inside, motioning for Kunimi to join you. You both take off your shoes and head deeper into the house.

You point out where the guest bathroom is. "Why don't you go ahead and shower? I'll be taking a quick shower myself before starting to make dinner."

Kunimi nods. "Alright, thanks." He walks into the bathroom with all of his things.

You head to your room, grabbing a change of clothes before heading into your own bathroom.