T H I R T Y - E I G H T

•••

•••

|3rd

Hoseok wasn't used to this feeling, but he couldn't necessarily say that he was not opened to it.

Being in a real relationship was something the rapper hadn't considered in his career. Sure, in highschool he wanted it. A wimpy teen who wanted even a hint of female validation and attention. He had a girlfriend or two, both of which ended up being huge lessons and mistakes. But he didn't regret them. Because eventually he was able to gain back that confidence that was once stolen from him.

He didn't know what had come over him tonight. Spilling his heart out to Mia was something he hadn't planned. It just...happened. Staring into her gorgeous eyes as the rain fell behind them. All he could do was focus on her and the painful feeling of his heartbeat in his chest, screaming at him to release all of those emotions he felt towards her. And now look at him. A committed man in a relationship.

This wasn't a bad thing, don't get him wrong. Mia was a dream. A beautiful, smart woman with personality that he couldn't wait to unravel even more. Hoseok was satisfied with his choice. Mia was never an option. She was always the only one.

But this would be an entire rebrand for him. No more would he be the rapper infamously known for having a new model on his hip everytime he popped out. Now he would just be solo in the tabloids, a boyfriend behind closed doors. Keeping a secret this big from his fans would be a task. But he was willing to make that sacrifice as long as he got to have Mia in the end.

"What are you thinking about?"

A soft voice pulls him from his thoughts. Hoseok snaps out of his head, focusing in on the open road before him. It was dangerous to think so deeply while driving. It was shocking how he hadn't swerved.

"Nothing." He lied. Mia sighed. She didn't want this to be the start of their...relationship. She didn't want him to keep secrets from her. Moreover, she didn't want to feel like he was keeping secrets from her.

The rapper noticed from the side of his eye that her hands were tucked between her legs. She was probably still cold due to the fact that they had gotten caught in the rain. But he had the heater on.

Perhaps he should try something. Licking over his lips, hoseok takes his right hand which wasn't holding the steering wheel, and grabs her hand in his. Holding it over the armrest, not sparring mia a second glance as he gazed at the road.

Mia smiles softly. She found it cute that he was obviously trying, despite not wanting to be too obvious with it.

They soon arrived at her place.