O N E

•••

•••

|Mia

"Yes, I have an interview with them tomorrow."

Mia holds the phone to her ear, listening to the person on the other line who just so happens to be her bestfriend - ask her questions about her recent move to Seoul.

"Girl I heard they strict as hell up there, I'm wishing you luck though. I know you've been waiting for this for a long time." Her bestfriend, Cassy says through the phone.

Mia turns away from the sink, holding her wet glass and bringing it over to the fridge so that she could pour herself some juice.

"I know right. Thanks for the luck Cas, I'm gonna need it." She sighs.

She was already a bit stressed. Being a recent graduate from the college of her dreams, Mia decided that moving to South Korea would be one of the best options for her right now. She had always wanted to move there, and after studying the language for well over ten years she was fluent. She knew of the mannerisms that was important to know, the proper etiquette, and what was looked at as respect.

On top of Korea being one of the number one places she had always wanted to visit, she seen opportunity for herself. Sure it was in a completely other continent and she was away from her family and bestfriend but she could always visit. Her mother had always told her to chase her dreams, stand up for what you wanted for yourself. She wanted to be a journalist, have her articles published in magazines. She wanted to meet new people and explore.

And that was exactly what she was doing while in Seoul.

"Get your ass off my foot!" Mia giggled when she heard yelling on the other side of the phone, already knowing that Cassidy was more than likely scolding her little puppy.

"Don't yell at Giz, he just wants to love you." Mia laughed, taking a seat at the kitchen island. Cassidy sucked her teeth.

"No, he wants to bother me." Cassidy sighed and Mia heard shuffling through the other line. Mia drank some of her juice, laughing at the sound of her friend scolding her dog.

"I'm going to call back later Mia, this little fucker biting the shit outta me." Cassidy groans. Mia laughed, ending the call after her and Cassidy said their goodbyes.

The 22 year old sits her phone on the surface of the island, sipping from her juice as she looks around the kitchen.

She had just purchased this apartment about two weeks ago. All of the furniture was moved in but the smaller items had yet to be put up completely. She had a lot of time on her hands so she decided to get up and unpack some, pouring herself some more juice and putting it on some music to concentrate.