E I G H T

•••

•••

|Mia

Mia sighed to herself as she typed rapidly at the keyboard. Currently, it was going on 6 pm and literally the entire morning throughout this evening had been spent sitting in the office finishing the article.

She wanted it to be perfect. She wanted her first ever Korean based article to be fit for perfection. She knew that they were very strict under this company and although Mr.So was impressed by her, it didn't mean others would be.

"Have you ever thought about taking a break?"

Mia abruptly stopped her typing to look over and see the team manager standing there holding on to a cup of coffee. She smiled at him.

"Am I typing too loud? I'm sorry if I disturbed any of you it's just -"

"No, no. You're okay." Baekhyun gave a breathy chuckle in response to her worried tone, taking a seat on the edge of the file drawer next to her desk.

"I was just growing a little worried is all. You've been working nonstop. Very determined girl I see." He analyzed her, taking a sip from his coffee.

"Well what can I say?" Mia sighed, flipping her braids over her shoulders. "I always show up to impress." She grinned.

Baekhyun nodded. "You should. Very proud that I have you here in this department." He spoke. "But my job as team manager is to make sure you're always comfortable. Take a break sometime. Don't stress yourself out too much." He said.

Mia raised an eyebrow at the handsome man. "Are you hinting that I should take a break now? Because I sure can use one." She finally admits.

Baekhyun shrugged. "All I'm saying is that I bought an extra cup of coffee if you need the caffeine boost." He said.

Mia stood up from her seat, smoothing out her skirt. "Okay, Mr.B. Lead the way." She smiled happily.

____

During her break time, her and Baekhyun got to know each other better. He was 26 years old and had been at the company for almost four years - starting off at the same age as she did.

He was nice and extremely intelligent she could see. Not to mention how funny he was and also respectful. She felt safe in his office as they drank coffee and talked about their backgrounds a bit.

When it was time to get back to work she did feel as if she got that extra boost from the coffee. As it was time to leave - eventhough she had taken it upon herself to work about four hours overtime - she was more than happy to leave the office.