T W E N T Y - F O U R

•••

•••

|Mia

Mia gathered her things, preparing to leave work for the day. It was strangely hectic. But she knew the reasoning for that was because soon, she would be having to do another interview and write yet another article.

Supposedly, this time it's for a girl group. Which one? She did not know. But she knew she would feel much more comfortable doing it because these were women, for one. And for two it was more people to focus on instead of just one person meaning the interaction won't be as intimate.

"Leaving for the day?" Baekhyun had managed to catch up to her right before she hopped on the elevator.

"Um, yeah." Mia chuckled, balancing her bag on her shoulder. Her phone and coat in the other.

"I hope work isn't becoming too much for you. You're doing fine, it's just that I noticed you haven't been leaving during break times. Drowning yourself in work." He said.

"It's-..it's fine. Really. This is what I signed up for. I'm healthy and I'm getting work done so there isn't a problem." She said.

"Okay, as long as you're comfortable."

Baekhyun was a sweetheart and at this point she considered him as a friend. He carried this certain charm with him, this particular charisma that always had her flustered yet comfortable in his presence.

"Actually I stopped you to um, ask if maybe we could exchange numbers?" He said, palming the back of his neck.

"I was hoping we could become friends somewhere down the line. But that can't happen only within the workplace so, y'know." He mumbled shyly.

Mia chuckled. See? He was just all around a cute guy. Both internally and externally. His aura, it was amazing.

"Of course we can." She said. She unlocked her phone, reaching it to him so that he could put in his number.

She waited patiently by the elevator as he saved his number in. When he reached it back, she realized that it was saved in as "Baek". Simple and she knew it was him.

"Awesome." She said.

"I'll text you later." She said, pressing the button on the elevator.

"Please do." Baekhyun smiled, beginning to walk away. "Have an amazing night, Ms.Hill!" He called out. Mia gave him a faint wave as she stepped on the elevator for her departure.