N I N E T E E N

•••

•••

|Mia

Spending time with Baekhyun was probably one of the best decisions Mia had ever made. He was incredibly calm and respectful. He was filled with character and positivity, not to mention he was funny.

Currently they were walking back from the sushi stand which, by the way sold some amazing sushi. They were holding on to their drinks as they made it back to the building. The both of them choosing to pasts time by making conversation.

"So what made you want to move to South Korea?" Baekhyun asked. It was a common question asked by many.

Mia wasn't necessarily mad at this curiosity but it did get annoying answering the same question over and over again. She would not complain to Baekhyun seeing just how much of a nice guy he was.

"It's always been a dream of mine to come here. I studied the language for over ten years and I'm fluent. That's for one. For two, it's very pretty here. In seoul especially. I love the food, the culture. Everything." She smiled.

Baekhyun nodded from side of her before taking a sip of his drink.

"It's not all sunshine and rainbows, Ms.Hill." He stated. Mia nodded knowingly. It was a known fact that South Korea was no wonderland all around.

Just like every other country, it had its cons. The amount of racism sprouting from an homogenous society should've been illegal. Not to mention the countless sexism, misogyny and so on so forth.

Luckily, Mia hadn't yet experienced those things. Yet. And she could only pray that time never came.

She was also aware of the cultural appropriation. The mocking of black people, black women especially. As a black woman in South Korea it was important that she kept her guard up.

"I'm aware. But what country is?" Mia chose to keep her answer simple, seeing as they were now almost in front of the building.

Baekhyun chuckled.

"You got me there." He said before spiraling around to face her. There, he peered down at her eyes. She was a bit shorter than him.

"I must say I am happy that you decided to come here. It's been nice having you around at the agency. You have the personality and charisma that brightens up the room. Not to mention just how beautiful you are." He smirked.

Mia felt her cheeks heat up at the compliment. She really did not need another man pursuing her. She already had too much shit going on.