T H I R T Y - S E V E N

•••

•••

|3rd

Almost four complete months into working for one of the biggest journalism companies in South Korea and Mia was beginning to understand the true value of off-days.

She barely got them, and when she did it was always a day or maybe two. But for the first time in never she had been granted three full days of off time, and would be granted more once her family touched down from the United States.

To say that Mia was ecstatic would be an understatement. She had been needing this after spending weeks in a funk. Dragging her body throughout her apartment at the office at work. Forcing herself to clean even when all she felt like doing was playing couch potato most days. She was both mentally and physically exhausted but the closer she got to seeing her bestfriend and family, the more energy she seemed to gain.

The lazy journalist flickered through the channels on her tv. It was a slow, quiet night. 7:30 pm as the sun set and people were coming home from their jobs or clocking in for their overnight shifts. Mia sat on the couch nibbling from a pint of strawberry ice cream whilst trying to find something to watch on tv in order to feed her entertainment.

On Netflix she had watched damn near every K-Drama there was. And now she was bored, searching for something else to fill that empty void.

She would've called Lisa over but the girl had taken up a lover and was busy with said guy tonight, and so that was a total no go. No doubt on the other side of the world her bestfriend was either working or engaging herself in a special hobby. So Mia was chilling by her lonely.

"This looks interesting." She mumbled, squinting her eyes as she pressed 'select' on the guide, choosing to watch some variety talk show. She placed the remote down on her lap and scooped up more ice cream, gathering a bit of what the lady was saying whilst sitting in her fancy chair and holding her note cards.

Her words were sly and petty and evoked laughter from the audience. Mia gathered that this might've been the Korean Wendy Williams. They had similar mannerisms and were both extremely catty and a tad bit vain. But Mia tuned in nonetheless, liking the dram.

The cold, sweet dessert hits Liyah's tongue and for a mere second - grazes her two front teeth causing her to shiver. Her phone vibrated from the cushion beside her, causing Mia to shoot up.

Okay, she desperately needed the alone time. But the silence was killing her. She needed to communicate with someone for a bit before calling it a night.

When Mia picked up the phone and read the name flashing across her screen, she couldn't help but smile.

She and Hoseok hadn't spoken since two days ago when he promised to fly her family out to her. It's not because they were arguing. But instead, he had let her know beforehand that he would be extremely busy with this upcoming collab and probably would be to wrapped up in his work to talk. The thought of him having downtime made Mia happy for two reasons.