Are you burnt?

April 4th
It's on fire

••••••

"Okay, so go over it one more time." Peter muttered, half asleep at the table.

Edmund, who was just as tired as Peter, took a deep breath and read over what he just had, explaining it again, as simply as he could.

Peter nodded slowly. "Okay," He murmured.

Edmund rubbed at his eyes, standing from the table and walking over to get a glass of water as he explained what he intended on doing about the situation.

Peter's tired eyes followed him. "Ed you're on fire."

Edmund chuckled gently. "Thanks."

It seemed to hit Peter all of a sudden that his brother's dressing gown had actually in fact skimmed one of the candles they had lit, and he leapt from his chair. "No your dressing gown, it's on fire!"

Edmund didn't waste a second and wrestled to get it off, dropping it in a pile on the floor and stomping on it until the small flame went out.

Peter stared at him. "Are you burnt?" He asked.

Edmund shook his head. "No," He murmured. "It was just the hem of the dressing gown."

Peter sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Maybe we should both get some sleep." He muttered.

Edmund nodded a little. "I second that." He breathed.

"You sure you're okay?" Peter double checked.

"Yes Peter," Edmund reassured him. "I'm fine. I just clearly wasn't paying attention to what I was doing."

Peter shook his head. "You're tired, it was easily done." He said. "Just please don't do it again, it made me panic."

Edmund chuckled. "Well that doesn't really take much."

•••••••••