Homework

February 15th
It's pointless

••••••

"Okay there's absolutely no point in you just sitting there."

Peter raised an eyebrow at his brother.

"It's pointless." Edmund repeated. "I'm not gonna do it."

"You have to though." Peter told him.

"Do I?" Edmund asked.

Peter laughed. "Yes Ed, yes you do." He said,  voice gentle.

Edmund shrugged. "What's my teacher gonna do?" He asked, not looking bothered.

"It's not about what she'll do to you, it's about education." Peter reminded him. "If you skip every piece of homework you get given, you're gonna get nowhere."

"Yeah I am, I learned this in school." Edmund told him.

Peter mentally facepalmed. "Well," He breathed. "Every single education system will have homework, school, college, university, even your future job could come with homework. So better start practicing now."

Edmund groaned and laid his forehead on the table, not looking happy at all.

"Now come on," Peter sighed. "It's just a bit of maths."

"That's the worst kind of homework you can get." Edmund argued, raising his head and glaring at his older brother.

Peter had to bite his lip to keep back a laugh, but he managed it, just about. "Times tables, now." He said firmly.

Edmund rolled his eyes, but eventually he did as he was told, however reluctantly.

••••••••