5am

February 4th
All I want

••••••

Peter sighed a little as he handed Edmund a cold glass of water, his brother taking it with shaking hands.

He sat back down on the bed, bringing the thick blanket up to Edmunds waist in an attempt to keep his as warm as possible considering he was pretty much shivering.

Edmund sipped at the water, not trusting his stomach enough to be able to down it.

"You okay?" Peter murmured, voice quiet.

Edmund swallowed hard. "I guess." He breathed.

Peter stared at him for a moment, heart breaking at the fact that his little brother had been woken from a nightmare every night since Beruna, and that had been two weeks ago. He wasn't getting enough sleep, and it was getting to him.

"I know you're not." Peter whispered after a moment, placing his hand on Edmunds knee.

Edmund hesitated. "All I want is a full night's sleep." He sighed. "But apparently that's too much to ask."

"These nightmares will fade in time." Peter tried to remind him.

"When?"

"Soon," Peter promised. "What happened - it was a lot okay, even I'm still having nightmares, so you having them is completely normal."

Edmund nodded a little, placing the glass on the bedside table and leaning back against the headboard. "What time is it?" He asked.

"Five, maybe." Peter told him.

Edmund ran a hand over his pale face, squeezing his eyes shut for a moment before blinking them open. "I don't think I'll be going back to sleep." He muttered.

Peter thought for a moment. "How about we get ourselves ready and go out for a walk? Watch the sunrise." He suggested.

Edmund stared at him for ages, but he couldn't deny that sounded like a good way to get his mind off the horrors he'd just seen in his dream. "I'd like that." He breathed.

Peter just smiled. "Come on then."

•••••••