47

~🍇

Yoshio's POV

You're probably wondering why I ended up shoving my head into a pile of snow.

So, this is how it happens.

I mixed well the toppings and the noodles before taking a long slurp. I felt the shiver run through every nerve as I swallowed the mashed food. I was so hungry that I continued to indulge on my ramen non-stop, supping and drinking the piquant broth by the brim.

Burp.

Until I remembered that this is goddamn spicy. Right when I realized that, the spice suddenly kicked in, late reaction so to speak. My eyes widened slowly from as if shocking revelation while my tongue starts to burn. I couldn't even utter a word while downing a glass of water. But it wasn't enough, so I rushed out of the restaurant and shoved my head in a pile of snow.

"Yo-Yoshio?!"

Don't worry, I'm okay. I'm fine.

"Are you alright?" She asked, looking so worried. I returned to my seat, shaking my head aggressively, my face both fuming and heating up from the spice that literally slapped the drowsiness out of my head.

Though, I gave her a thumbs up, nodding. That spicy ramen was so effective it almost took me to hell.

"I'm alive- barely."

"You literally surprised me there-" She gave me another glass of cold water. "You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, yes. Don't worry, I'm fine. But if I'm not, don't forget to give me a fancy coffin with an aircon inside." I joked as I drank the glass of water.

"You're not fine at all, you're crazy."

----------------------
The next day, we decided to visit the winter zoo, and Hazel turned into a child who had never seen a giraffe before. At first, I was unbothered, assuming that visiting a zoo wouldn't be very exciting, but in the end, I was amazed at the variety of animals I had never seen in real life, like I had only seen them on TV. We saw polar bears, penguins, wolves, and many other winter animals, all of which looked calm and docile. They were even allowed to come out of their cages and let people touch them or pet them. It was an incredible experience that I would never forget.

We visited the zoo at 1 pm and spent quite some time there. After that, we went to check out a souvenir shop and had some fun at the arcade as well.

"We've spend a lot of time already, have you decided where to go next?" I asked.

"Where to go..." She trailed off but she suddenly sneezed, interrupting her train of thoughts. "Acho!"

"Eh..." It seems that we've been exposed outside too much, and now she's starting to sneeze. I looked around and found a café nearby. "Before that, let's warm up inside that place before we go to the next activity you want. Let's drink something warm."

"What? Where?" Hazel looked around, trying to spot the café I was referring to. I took her hand and led her inside the café.

As we entered the café, the smell of freshly brewed coffee wafted through the air. I took a deep breath, feeling the warmth and comfort that a hot drink can provide. As we sat down at a table, I noticed a small menu with various of hot beverages and pastries. I turned to Hazel.

"What would you like to order?" I asked.

"Do we really need to sit here though?"

"Yeah." I replied, reviewing the menu as I speak. "We've spent a lot of time outdoors today, and I think it's important to warm up and have a break. Plus, I want to make sure you're feeling better."