16

~🍇

Hazel's POV

A blackout.

"Hah! You're also a coward!" I laughed, mocking Yoshio who was hiding behind me.

"Shut up! At least I watched how it happened!"

"Coward!"

"Urgh. Ah, fuck. My heart almost jumped off from my ribcage because of the sound, the hell."

I snorted a laugh at his reaction, and my eyes shifted towards my laptop screen where a loading circle icon on the center.

"Tsk... Blackout. How are we gonna watch?" Yoshio asked, still hiding behind me.

"Wait— let me just call someone." I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and called Rafaela to talk about the blackout. Then she said it's only temporary, so it'll come back later. "Don't worry, it'll come back."

"So, we're gonna wait? For how long?"

"I don't know?"

"Eeh..."

"Anyways, since you saw how it happened, did the kid died? And what was that huge thing that came out of nowhere?"

"It was pretty fast but it's huge. Probably an alien or something." He grabbed two cans of beer from the coffee table then giving the other one to me.

"Could it be an alien?" I asked in shock.

"Yeah? Or I don't know, or maybe a monster."

"Mhm...."

---------------------------
We got bored of waiting for the electricity to return so Yoshio and I talk something random.

"I don't know any movies." He said.

"Are you kidding? What about Scooby Doo movies?" I asked.

"I know the talking dog but I don't know all the movies." He replied, my jaw dropped slightly.

"Are you serious?"

"No, I'm Hatanaka."

I playfully punched his arm. "Talk to me seriously."

"Ouch— alright, alright. I'm serious. I don't know all movies, except that I watch Anpanman and Doraemon when I was a kid."

Huh...

Don't tell me this guy here locked up himself since he was a kid? Damn, I shrugged my shoulders and set aside some insensitive and personal questions.

"Well then, let's watch a lot of movies from now on."

"Are we going to have a movie date all the time?"

"Not always."

Eventually the electricity came back so we continued watching the movie.

"How the fuck did she got pregnant when moaning or making a noise is not allowed because they'll get killed—?"

"Either they fucked while on mute, or she's pregnant before they got in that place- how the fuck did they even got there in the first place?"

"So how is she going to give birth without screaming?"

"How are they going to survive in that shit."

"Why are there monsters, and how did it happen? Is there a season 2 of this movie? I need answers!"

"...One thing I know, we can't survive there."

"Why?"

"Because we're so loud, we keep asking questions."

Although there was a suspense in the air, we have been eating so loudly that the man beside me suddenly slowed down from eating to match the silence, half engrossed to the movie as Yoshio looked at me with narrowing eyes.

I narrowed my eyes back and frowned at him. "Why.... Are you eating quietly?"

"I don't know, man." He whispered. "I just feel like I need to—"

"GAH!!!"

"Holy motherfucker-!"

We both flinched from another jumpscare and the suspense that randomly breaks and reappears. I didn't realize I was hugging Yoshio but he doesn't seem to bother about it, but he starts blaming me.

"I'm starting to hate horror movies, I'm blaming you for this."

"What?! Why are you blaming me?! I chose this movie because my friends told me its nice!"

"Nice? This is giving me a heart attack!"

I was still hugging the man, I thought there will be more jumpscares the rest of the show.

"Oh shi-" The monsters began searching for the pregnant woman.

I gasped and start shaking Yoshio vigorously.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! RUN PREGNANT LADY, RUN LIKE THAT PREGNANT LADY FROM TRAIN TO BUSAN!"

"Oh fuck, the nail- THE NAIL!"

"NOOOOOOOOO—!!!!" We both grimaced as the lady stepped on the nail.

"OH MY FUCKING— OOH, EW, THE BLOODS! BLOODS!"

"AAAAAH!!!!"

"HOLY SHIT!"

"Ugh, I don't feel so good after that..."

Though we could have looked away, but we didn't. Our eyes were so glued on the laptop screen.

"I'm getting paranoid over this movie, we're so dead."

"I'm already dead— blergh..."

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't throw up!"

Throughout the movie, Yoshio and I continued to scream, curse, and embrace each other from the thrilling and intense moments. We were both engrossed watching the movie and too engrossed drinking our alcoholic beverages, and in the end we fell asleep.

*********
VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE THIS STORY TO YOUR FRIENDS.

THANK YOU FOR READING!

~🍇