35

~🍇

Hazel's POV

"Oh, it's already late." I mumbled to myself as I glanced at my wristwatch.

Time flies so fast like an arrow, my day was filled with activities. I had a meeting with Rafaela to talk about the upcoming trip, followed by going out with my college friends and visit the salon. By the time I finished with all my activities, I was surprised to see that the sky was already dark.

I assumed that Yoshio is still in his bedroom, searching for a job in his laptop. Instead of going to bed right away, I decided to cook something for him. As I entered the kitchen, I stopped at the doorway when I saw Tate sitting alone on the counter stool, enjoying a cup of tea.

"Hey there, Tate!" I greeted him cordially.

He turned around and saw me, then a big smile displayed on his face as he exclaimed. "Hazel!"

To my surprise, Tate suddenly jumped out of his seat. He walked towards me quickly and embraced me tightly. It was a sudden gesture that took me aback.

"He-hey..." I patted his back. Tate broke the hug.

"Sorry, sorry. I just got a little bit excited to see you."

I chuckled softly. "It's fine, anyways... Wassup? I don't see you often here."

He heaved a sigh. "I was just busy at work, I won't be here a lot."

"I see. So, how are you?"

"I'm good. What about you?"

"I'm also good too."

Tate isn't just a head chef of the LaGuardia Manor but he has his own restaurant in this city. It's quite famous, and a lot of people and tourist would go there to eat and taste his delightful dishes.

"Mhm.."

"So, why are you here, are you here to cook?" He asked, walking back towards the counter as I followed him behind.

"Yep, I'm thinking of making pizza taquitos and chicken Alfredo pasta."

"Oh? Pizza taquitos? That's the first snack I taught you when you were pregnant."

"Oh, yeah! I just remembered that. It's been a while since the last time I eat that snack."

"Well then." Tate checked his wristwatch before looking at me. "Why not we cook together before I go back to work? What do you say?"

I smiled at him and nodded my head. "Sure."

It has been a while since Tate and I hung out in the kitchen together. As we make pizza taquitos and chicken Alfredo pasta, we had fun chatting while preparing the dishes. After making the foods, it was time for Tate to leave. He put on his thick jacket and wrap his scarf around his neck, and that's where I realized he was using the scarf I bought for him.

"Hazel."

"Hm?" I looked at Tate.

"Thank you for the birthday presents. I will treasure them, always."

I just smiled at him and watched him walked out from the kitchen.

-----------------------
"I'm home." I entered the bedroom while carefully carrying the tray.

"Oh? You're here. Where have you been?" Yoshio asked, turning his swivel chair around to look at me.

"Oh, I had a meeting with the headmistress then I hang out with my college friends." I explained, placing the tray of foods on the table. "Anyways, I came home so late so I made pizza taquitos and chicken Alfredo pasta as our dinner.