36

~🍇

Yoshio's POV

What a great day to wake up with a leg on my face. And this wife of mine is still there, living her best life while sounding asleep.

"Hazel." I called out her name as I tried to move her leg.

"Hmm..." But she won't move away.

I heaved a deep sigh as I bit her leg softly, but I ended up receiving a kick.

Ouch.

"Ugh... Hazel- move...!"

"Haha... You jerk. I'll cut your balls." She muttered in her sleep. I stared at her, horrified, not sure what kind of dream she's having.

Oh, God. Look at that face, it's so menacing.

"Just what the hell...?" I shook my head and adjusted her sleeping position to avoid her falling off the bed. I covered her body with a blanket, then made my way to the bathroom to take a bath.

After the refreshing bath, I brushed my teeth and gargled before spitting out the mouthwash. Feeling oddly awake, I looked at the wall clock and realized that I overslept once again.

It's 3 o'clock in the afternoon, goddamn.

I made my way downstairs and was immediately greeted by the kitchen staff as I entered the kitchen.

"A-ah... Hello." I greeted the kitchen staff politely, nodding my head. My mind instantly turned to the idea of preparing something to eat, and I suddenly found myself craving for oden.

"I'm suddenly craving for oden." I muttered to myself. The question is, how do I make oden? Hazel is still fast asleep.

"Ah, hello there, sir!" I was startled when I heard a voice coming from behind me, and I turned around to see a man I recognized as the chef who usually prepared the ingredients and cooking utensils when my wife wants to cook.

"Oh, hello." I greeted back.

The chef inquired. "I assume you must be Miss Eleanor's friend, the only man who gets to taste her dishes."

The only man?

Am I really the only one who has tasted Hazel's cooking?

What about the others? And why does he refers me as her friend?

These questions are floating in my mind as the conversation continued.

"I'm her hus—"

I suddenly recalled what Hazel told me. I instantly closed my mouth before the words come off.

"Hm?"

"Uh... What do you mean the only man?" I questioned.

"Well, Miss Eleanor is a great cook, she makes delicious and mouthwatering dishes. It was the first time I've seen her cook for someone, you must be so special!"

I guess so?

"I see." I mumbled, and all of the sudden my stomach grumbled.

........

............

..................

The chef chuckled softly. "Do you want me to cook something for you, sir?"

"Ah- Yes, please. I want oden."

"On it!"

-----------------------
I returned to my room with the tray of the so called brunch, two bowls of oden. I placed down the foods on the table and sighed, seeing that my wife is still fast asleep.

Damn, I wanna hop on her so bad and wrestle her.

"Hazel."

I called her name gently, I sat on the edge of the bed while tapping her cheek lightly.

"Hazel..."

"Hmm... Uuh..." She slowly opened her eyes, waking up from her slumber. She rubbed her eyes for a moment then she looked at me, a pretty smile displayed on her face.

"Oh wow~" She closed her eyes again. "My husband is waking me up~? And he's so handsome..."

"....."

Please, I already looked in the mirror today. No matter how I know I got a face, I still look like a damn criminal with these gloomy eyes and multitask piercings.

"Come on now, we've got something to do." I removed the blanket, urging her to get her off the bed.

But this woman just giggled. She spread her arms like... Is she asking for a hug?

"Hug me first and help me up~"

A red nerve popped up on my forehead as I stared at her with a face of someone who looked so done.

I heaved a sigh, I hoisted her up in a bridal style. At first it looks so romantic or sweet whatsoever at one glance, not until I threw her to the bathroom.

"KYAH!" She screamed and that sobered her up, she's now wide awake.

Congratulations.

"Take that."

I watched her rubbing her back like an old man then she turned to look at me with a glare.

"Goddamn you—!"

I just nodded along and closing the bathroom door, flashing a sweet smile that probably for the first time looks like I'm finally a human being in this planet.

I stretched my arms before sitting on the couch as I checked our bowls of oden.

"Damn, that throw felt amazing."

I can hear my intrusive thoughts telling me to do it again.

While waiting for her, I take out my phone to kill some time by watching cat videos in tiktok but then I heard her talking to herself inside the bathroom, she was cursing and complaining in Japanese.

"I'M A JAPANESE, HAZEL. I CAN HEAR AND UNDERSTAND SHIT!"

"FUCK YOU!" She yelled inside the bathroom.

"WHEN?"

"RIGHT NOW! YOU ALMOST BROKE MY BACKBONE!"

"STOP THE TALK AND TAKE A BATH ALREADY!" I glanced at the bowl of oden beside me and decided to tease her a bit. "Or I'm eating all of these delicious bowl of oden— hMmMM UGH, SMELLS SO GOOD."

"FINE!"

I chuckled softly but she starts cursing more while taking a shower.

"Yoshio you— *@###**@@ and when I ###**@@@!!!! and then you just @**##:!!!?!!"

Oh God, my ears are starting to bleed as whatever disturbing censored shit was uttered passed through the door.

"Damn, you've got a mouth like that out there, you could be a good rapper."

I scratched my ear with my pinky finger, checking if my eardrum is still working while stirring the coffee on the mugs.

A few moments later, everything went silent, I guess she's calmed down now.

"Yoshio? Are you still there?" I heard her calling me behind the bathroom door.

"Yeah, I'm here. Why?"

"I need help."

*********
VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE THIS STORY TO YOUR FRIENDS.

THANK YOU FOR READING!

~🍇