33 - Silence

"Fuck!" I hear Caden yell. He went to the bathroom after Elise.

Aaron and I walk to him and see Elise passed out on the floor.

"What did you do?!" Aaron pushes Caden to side so he can check on our girl.

"Nothing, I just asked why she wasn't opening the door and she passed out." Caden explains himself.

"Get her up, let's take her home. I'll text my aunt later to tell her that Elise wasn't feeling good." I tell them.

Aaron carries Elise to the car and lay her on his lap.

"Fuck." I murmured.

When we get home, Elise was already awake. We gave her water and sat her down on the couch so we could have a talk.

"So." I start. "What happened? Why didn't you call me? Or any of us?" I raise my voice a little.

Elise takes a sip of her water and turn her face to the window, watching the birds on the trees. She didn't answer me.

"Elise, I'm talking to you." Nothing, not even a glance at our direction. "Answer me now or you will be punished!"

She stands up and walk out of the living room. I hear her bedroom door close and walk after her.

If she thinks she can just ignore me, she's wrong.

I try to open her door but it's locked. So I bang on the door.

"Elise, open up, now!" Caden yells next to me.

"Elise, we just want to talk, baby. Please." Aaron tries to be more gentle.

Nothing.

*****
It's been a week since Elise locked herself in her bedroom. We ask the maid to give her all her meals, figuring she wouldn't eat if one of us went there.

I feel guilt take over me. Caden has been drinking like crazy, always with a glass of whiskey in hands. Aaron is always next to her door to, hopefully, convince her to leave the room and talk to us. And me. Well, I've been hiding myself behind all the work I have to get done.

I tried to convince them to break that door down, but Aaron said that wouldn't help us and would probably only make it worse.

We've been very patient with her, respecting her space. But, I miss her. I miss my angel. And I hate myself for fucking this up.

When I get home, I see Elise in the living room studying.

"Hey, baby." I say softly. "Are you okay?"

Elise looks at me, and turns her eyes back to her books.

"Yes, Vincent. I'm fine." She says shortly.

Ouch. Vincent. That hurt. Like she stabbed me right in my heart.

I got so used to "daddy" or "Vince", it hurts to hear her call me by my actual name.

"Do you need anything?" I ask.

"I'm fine. There are cookies in the oven if you want. I just made them." She says still not looking at me.

"Can we talk about what happened?"

"What is there to say? You bruised my arm!" She shows me her elbow with a purple bruise. "You yell at me, you give me a panick attack and you still think you're right?! It doesn't work like that! I'm hurt! You guys hurt me." She snaps.

"Let us make it up for you, then." I beg.

"Like I said, there are cookies in the oven." She turns her attention back to her books.

I walk out of the living room and make my way to my bedroom. When I lock the door, I feel something new. It has never happened before. I cried.

I cry like a baby. I cry because I'm a mess. I cry because I fucked up the best thing that I've ever had.

I cry because I love Elise.

In Their ArmsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara