31 - That word

It was almost midnight. I was in the kitchen with a pack of ice on my face. Elise hit me hard, I fucking love it.

"Hey." I hear a sweet voice coming from the door.

Elise was standing there wearing a big shirt that went all the way to her mid thighs.

"Hi, honey." I smile at her. "Can't sleep?" I ask.

She shakes her head no.

"I'm sorry for hurting you." Elise apologizes.

"It's alright, I did ask you to do that after all." I chuckle.

Elise smiles and walks to me.

She puts the ice pack on the table and sits on my lap.

I feel her kisses on my face, lightly, careful to not hurt me.

"Are you going to class tomorrow?" I ask her. Elise simply nods her head. "Why haven't you been attending your classes lately?"

"The author forgot I go to college."

"What?"

"What?"

"What did you just say?"

"I don't know... I don't remember."

"Weird. Anyways, I'll take you to class everyday and bring you straight back home. Got it?"

"Yes, A. Thank you for taking care of me." Elise hugs me.

I hug my baby back and caress her hair.

Damn I love this girl.

Wait. What? What the fuck did I just think? Do I really feel that way? Do I really love Elise?

I think I need to sleep.

"Do you want some hot chocolate to help you sleep?"

"Thank you, but I think I'm just going to lay down and hope to get some hours of sleep." She pecks my lips. "Good night, A."

"Good night, angel."

Elise hops off my lap and walks out of the kitchen.

*****

The next morning, Elise was waiting for me in the kitchen with her bottle of water on one hand and her phone on the other. Her long brown hair was up in a ponytail and she was wearing a beautiful simple white dress.

"Hey, good morning!" She smiles lazily. "It's crazy hot today."

"Morning, dear. It really is. Are you ready to go?" She nods.

Our car ride was filled with Elise terribly singing Lana Del Rey and Charlotte Lawrence. She for sure can't sing, but she looks so happy doing it, that I end up loving to hear her.

That word again. Love. Could I really be in love.

"We're here. You go first, I'll meet you in class in five minutes so no one sees us together." I tell her.

Elise takes her seat belt off and kisses me.

"See you, A." She smiles and leaves the car.

I grab my phone and call Caden.

"Hey, are you and Elise training today?"

"Yes, why?"

"Can you train tomorrow? I have some homework for the students today and I don't want us to ruin Elise dream future."

"Sure, but you owe me a drink."

I laugh.

"Deal. Thanks, man."

He doesn't respond, just hang up.

Our sunshine being himself.

When I walk inside the classroom, the room goes quiet.

I spot Elise still talking to her blonde friend. Since I can't give her special treatment, and I like to tease her, I slam my books on the table, making her jump and shut up.

"Goodmorning, everyone. Today, I have a special announcement to make."

A boy in the back of the class raises his hand. The perfect jock stereotype.

"You good, professor? You have a bruise on your forehead." He says and his friends start laughing.

"I'm failing to see how this will help you in this class, specially since you really need help with those grades. So unless you have something important to say, just keep your mouth shut." I roll my eyes.

When I look at Elise, I see her blushing and that makes me smirk. Just looking at her makes me calm down.

"As I was saying. Today, I'll give you a group project. You will gather in groups of three people and each group will have to choose a disease. Any animal, any disease. But you have to explain exactly how that disease works, which animals can be affected and how to treat it, if there is treatment. You have until next Wednesday to hand me the papers."

I see the students starting to gather in groups and talking about what they are going to do.

"On Friday, we are all going to a farm of a friend of mine. There we will learn more about farm animals. I suggest you don't wear heels, skirts or dresses, shorts or tank tops, or any white clothes. Now you can use the rest of your time to talk about your project."