4- Classroom

Caden and Vincent are at my place now, after that girl from the club saw us killing Daniel, we've been looking closer after her

Our best men were put to find information on her.

Elise Silva is 20 years old, born in Brazil, for some reason doesn't talk to any family or boyfriend or anyone. Doesn't have many friends, just got a job at Flower Coffee and is studying to become a vet in the university where I teach.

"How did we not know about her before?" Caden says. "She could be working for Luca, maybe that's why they were talking at the bar."

"I don't think so." I answer. "If she was involved with Luca, we would've seen her before. And it would be quite stupid to meet at Vincent's club."

Caden sighs.

"This is weird. I mean she could be a spy." He continues. "Working for Vincent's aunt and studying where you teach. Can it really be a coincidence?"

"I don't know." Vincent says. "But, if she really is a spy or works for Luca we must keep an eye on her."

"I'll start." I tell them. "I have class in thirty minutes, I can watch her at the college." They nod.

We all head to the door to leave.

All the way to the college I couldn't focus on anything. That girl's face was stuck in my head. She seemed genuinely scared.

When we saw her at the club, she enchanted all of us, the way she danced and her body. When she caught us, she looked even prettier scared.

Could that beautiful angel really be a fucking spy?

"Merde." I say to myself. (Shit)

Pulling over I enter the college and make my way to my first class. I don't know if I have any classes with her or if I'll just have to keep an eye on her when I'm not teaching.

I close my classroom door to get the attention of the students and quiet down the chatting.

"Good morning." I say looking at the class.

I look at every single face and soon I meet the hazel eyes that worry me so much. She's here.

"Juste ma chance." I whisper to myself. (Just my luck)

I sigh and try to compose myself. Maybe she doesn't remember me and will make all this way easier.

"My name is Aaron Laurent, but you will call me Mr. Laurent." I say seriously. "This class will demand a lot of your time and concentration. Many of you will probably leave soon for believing you can't take it, it's a favor you do for us. No one here needs to work with lazy, unfocused people."

A girl next to Elise raises her hand and I nod at her, giving permission to speak.

"Will we be working with any of your published works?" She asks.

"What is your name?"

"Leah Thompson."

"Ms. Thompson, we will work with a lot of my work and the student with the highest grade this semester will help me with a few researches to finish my latest book." The class gasps and whispers of excitement fill the room. "And, of course, will have their name published as my co writer."

I look for those hazel eyes again and find her frozen. She doesn't seem excited or happy, she simply looks scared.

Maybe she remembers me after all.

*****

"That is all for today, don't forget to read chapter 3 for next class on Wednesday." I tell the class.

They start to leave the classroom and I stop Elise before she can leave.

"Wait for a second, miss." I tell her.

We wait for the class to be empty and she finally takes the courage to look me in the eyes.

"What the fuck do you want?" She asks looking as scared as that night.

"That is no way to speak to your professor." I tease her.

"It is when you're a murderer."

My face gets serious and I see her gulping.

"Careful there. Now, listen, petit oiseau. We don't have to be like that." I say softly. (Little bird)

"You killed a man." Tears start to drop from her eyes and my heart breaks at the sight.

"He was a bad man." I take a strand of hair out of her face and she takes a step back. "Trust me, we would never hurt you."

She looks at me hesitantly and leaves the room.