27- Wrath

I am going to kill him.

It's not complicated, it's not a big deal. It's as simple as that, I will kill him.

I call Xander, my best man and right arm, and tell him to find Felipe Alcantara. And he did. The asshole isn't very good at hiding, and I am very good at finding.

I have his name, address, phone number, his mother's information and his new girlfriend's too. I feel bad for the girl, she probably has no idea how big of an asshole her boyfriend is.

A small knock on my door takes me out of my thoughts.

"Come in." I say without taking my eyes off the papers.

"Hey, Cay." I hear my baby's voice. "Here." She hands me a glass of water.

I frown at her in confusion.

"Why are you giving me water?" I ask.

"You didn't drink much water today, it's not good for you. So I brought you a glass to drink while you work." Elise smiles a little.

You see this. This is Elise. This is my baby. And he had the balls to hurt someone like her.

"Thank you, darling. Come here." I pat my leg.

Elise walks closer and sits on my lap. She looks at me with those hazel eyes and smiles.

"I feel happy with you guys." She says.

"We feel the same way about you, baby."

"I thought we could have a slumber party tonight." Elise gives me a hopeful look. "Please." She pouts.

I sigh.

"I'm busy tonight." I state.

She looks at the ground in defeat.

"Okay, maybe some other time." Elise turns around to leave. "I'm sorry to bother, it was a stupid idea anyways." She leaves and closes the door behind her.

I know she really wanted that, but I have some shit to take care of and I just want this to end already. Not long after Elise left, I felt a sting of guilt on me.

"Shit."

Maybe one night won't hurt. Right?

I put everything away and make my way to Elise's room. I knock on her door but get no answer, so I just walk in.

Elise is laying on her bed, hugging her stuffed bunny Aaron got her a few weeks ago, asleep.

"Baby." I call her.

"What?" She asks with a sleepy voice. How can someone fall asleep this quickly?

"How about we do that slumber party you talked about?" I caress her hair.

She still doesn't open her eyes but sighs.

"It's okay, Cay. It was a stupid idea. I understand you are all busy. We can do something else tomorrow."

I look down. I upset her. She's sad because of me. Fuck.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

Elise now opens her eyes and smiles.

"Are you done with your work?" She asks and I nod. "Sleep with me then." She moves to the side a bit so I can lay next to her.

I take my clothes off and lay only on my boxers. I turn to her and pull her close to me, hugging Elise from behind.

She snuggles closer to me and bites my hand.

"Did you just bite me?" I ask. She giggles.

I land a hard slap on her ass earning a moan from her.

"Did you just slap me?" She tries to mimic me while laughing.

She turns to me smiling and kisses me.

"We can still have that slumber party." I tell her.

She shakes her head.

"It's okay, just please hold me."

"I'm never letting go, baby." I kiss her again and touch our foreheads.

*****

The next morning I wake up alone on the bed. A loud scream comes from downstairs and I rush my way there.

Elise.

When I get there, I see a very bloody man tied up to a chair.

"What the fuck?" I ask.

Vincent is standing next to the man with a big grin on his face.

"Caden, meet our new guest!" Vincent slaps the guys face playfully. "You'll never guess where he was."

I raise an eyebrow.

"What the fuck is going on?"

"This little bitch here." Aaron points to the man with a knife. "Was on Elise's apartment, trying to knock the door down."

"Plase don't tell me..." Elise starts, tears spilling out of her eyes.

"Do you know this man?" Vincent asks.

"This is Felipe."

"Sentiu minha falta, princesa?" The man says smiling with a bloody mouth. (Did you miss me, princess?)

Oh shit.