chapter xxxix.

(Missy's pov)

Jules and Luke just escaped. I can't believe it. And it's all my fault. I should have tried harder to keep Jules on our side. I felt tears running down my face as I quickly started walking towards the stone doorway.

"Missy-" Percy started but I just ignored him and continued walking towards the stone doorway. I put my hand through it. The portal was really gone. I started hitting the stone doorway with my knuckles. 

"Missy!" Annie shouted and I heard her running towards me.

"No! It's all my fault! I should have tried harder to convince her not to leave us!" I shouted as I continued hitting the doorway. I felt Annie trying to pull me away but I pushed her back and started hitting harder. Then I felt a stronger pair of hands pulling me away completely. "No! Let me go!" I shouted as I tried to escape the grip. "I can't lose her!" I finally shouted as I felt the person crouching down and hug me. Then Annabeth crawled over to us as well and hugged me too. I started just sobbing and so did Annabeth. After a while we stopped and slowly pulled away from the hug. I hugged my knees. "I'm so sorry."

"Mis, it's not your fault." Percy said as he put a hand on my shoulder as he moved to sit on my left. I forgot he was there.

"He's right." Annabeth said. "We don't know how long did Jules know about this."

"But it doesn't matter now, she left us. " Percy said I looked in his way he was also holding back his tears. I pulled him in a hug and I heard him quietly sobbing, I also pulled Annabeth as well but she didn't sob. I hope I won't see Jules soon. Right now I don't want to see her ever, but if I see Luke again. I will murder him for putting that idea in her head.