chapter xxii.

We were walking through the streets. Luke and I holding hands again. But the four kids were walking in a line now. Misdy then Annabeth, Percy and then Grover.

"Why isn't it still chasing us?" Percy asked.

"Echidna said that chimera in the bag, that it'a young. It won't venture too far from her mother. She's learning to hunt...and this seems like the hunting part." Annabeth explained.

"We aren't gonna be able to outrun them for very long." Grover stated.

"We don't need to." Annabeth said.

"Betty, what do uou mean we dont need to outrun it?" Missy asked confused.

"We just need a safe place to hole up. Some place safe.

"Any ideas where we might find one of those?" "And where the fuck would we find that?" Percy and I asked at the same time. I looked at Luke he looked like it just clicked to him.

"I do." Luke said. Annabeth nodded.

"A sanctuary, dedicated to Athena, built by one of her demigod children a long time ago." Annabeth explained and Missy let out a 'ohh that' and nodded.

"There is an Athenian temple hidden somewhere in the middle of downtown St. Louis?" Percy asked.

"Yes. Except it's not all that hidden." Annabeth said. We walked for a few more minutes and came to the gateway arch. We walked inside and Annabeth started talking again. "It's 630 feet wide, 630 feet tall, both to within an inch. It's got no internal support. Each side is balanced perfectly against the other.

"The arch is held up by symmetry." Percy said.

"It's held up by math." Missy said and Annabeth nodded.

"And it's earthquake-proof, so Poseidon can't ruin it." Annabeth said looking at Percy and I.

"Nice." Percy said and I nodded.

"Excuse me. This is how you show Athena your love. A monument to the power of perfection.

"It's a monument to some other stuff, too." Grover said uncomfortably looking around the animals around us.

"You're talking about what some humans want this place to be about. I'm talking about what it actually is." Annabeth said.

"Whatever." Grover said and walked away. Missy followed him. I also pulled Luke little away from Annabeth and Percy. I want them to have there moment. They're cute together.

"Whatcha doing?" Luke asked confused.

"They're cute I want them to be alone for a bit." I said and walked a bit further behind some animal in glass. "And we're going to watch them from here." I said. They were smiling at each other.

"They're twelve." Luke said.

"So? They can have crushes. It's not like they're going to admit to each other that they like each other right now." I said looking at them.

"Fair enough. But your little brother better not hurt my little sister." Luke said crossing his arms.

"I'm sure he won't." I said I looked at Luke and then back at Percy. He almost fell down but Annabeth caught him. Luke and I rushed towards them

"Hey! What happened?" Grover and Missy also came.

"The stinger." I realized. We stood there a bit. I opened my mouth at the same time as Annabeth.

"I have an idea." "Water." Annabeth and I said at the same time. Annabeth looked at me and nodded.

"Come on, help him." I said to Luke and Grover. They rushed and put each of Percy's arms around their necks. We went outside to the fountain. They sat Percy down. Annabeth, Missy, Grover and Luke started splashing Percy. I was on my feet guarding them. People were giving us weird looks. So I did the best thing I could at the moment. I started barking at anybody who passed. After everyone was gone I turned to them. Luke was smiling at me while splashing Percy.