chapter xxxvii.

Percy and I walked down the street towards the Empire state building. We made it to the entrance. Percy was about to go in but I stopped him with my arm in front of him.

"You ready?" I asked seriously.

"As I'll ever be." Percy reassured me. I nodded and we went inside. We walked to the reception.

"Tour starts by the sign." The guy at the reception said.

"We're not here for the tour." I said and took Percy's bag while I unzipped it. "We're here to see Zeus."

"We don't have an appointment." Percy added. The guy showed us the way to the lift and we got in. The lift finally dings and we walk out of it. Wow I never imagined Olympus would be here. I have so many things to learn left to learn about all this. Olympus was quite beautiful. After half a hour of walking we finally made it to the top. Thunder was rumbling. Then I heard Percy started saying something.

"I didn't steal it. Or my sister and neither did any of my friends." Percy said I looked in the direction he was looking in. Oh, Zeus. I did see quite a few gods on this quest. "We found it. We got it back. We tried to get it to you on time, but-" Zeus cut Percy off.

"You failed." Zeus said.

"Well you wanted the bolt didn't you? So we brought it here." I said.

"Juliet, I saw you using my gift greatly. What name did they give you? The best swordswoman in camp? Was it?" He asked but I wasn't sure was he being sarcastic or not.

"Yes. But, back to the quest. We did fail. But we're here anyway." Percy nodded and continued.

"I had to tell you who did steal it. It was Kronos. He's behind all of it. He's emerging from Tartarus, or trying to. He's gathering strength and he's coming for all of you." Percy explained.

"You may go." Zeus said looking at Percy, then he turned towards me. "Juliet, you may stay a bit."

"But-" Percy started. But Zeus cut him off once again.

"I know where Kronos is. I put him there." Zeus sighed. "I know who Kronos is. I am his son. Of course, he's gathering strength. Of course, he's coming. That is what we do. We snap and plot and strive. It was only a matter of time before he did again." Zeus explained and then continued. "Thank you for the news. It is the only reason I'm letting you leave alive." He turned to Percy again. "I have a w*r to prosecute now, so when I say, "You may go," it means be grateful,
and it means be gone." Then he turned to me. "And you I wanted to offer you immortality. If you choose to side with me that is."

"Wait, what?" I asked confused.

"As you know a new war has began and I want you on my time. I've been watching you using your powers. You are a strong demigod. Not just because of the powers you posses but because you manage to control them well." Zeus explained.

"She's the daughter of Poseidon, why would she be on your side?" Percy asked confused.

"Well she's my great granddaughter." Zeus sid.

"What?" Percy asked.

"I didn't tell you? Weren't you with us when- nevermind you weren't. But anyways no I'm not taking sides cause there won't be a war." I said looking between the two

"She's right the war can't continue." Percy said.

"Children!" Thunder crashed. "The war proceeds. And it ends with victory. You escape with your life. That is your prize. What did you think, that you and I would negotiate?" Zeus asked Percy. "And you better choose soon." He said to me.

"I thought you might listen. Kronos wants you to fight my father. He wants you both weakened." Percy said.

"I will not be weakened by my brothers." Zeus said.