chapter xxvii.

(Juliet's pov)

We all jumped. I opened my eyes as soon as I hit the water I started manipulating water first towards Percy and towards the room with the shield.

"Percy!" Annabeth said. I then got her out of water. And then I looked around for Luke. I didn't see him anywhere. Then I something going further down. It was Luke and I manipulated water around him and got him out as well. I then got out myself. Everyone was gasping and panting except Luke. I crawled towards him.

"Luke. Luke. Luke." I said I got no answer. Shit. I started performing cpr.  He was not breathing. So I started 30 chest compression. I could feel Percy and Annabeth looking at me.

"Is he going to be okay?" Annabeth asked. I nodded. I was at fifteen of the chest compression. I'm an idiot. I stopped.

"What are you doing you need to do it 30 times! Even I know that!" Percy shouted. I just put my hands over his chest and started going upwards towards his head. Water came out of his mouth. He took a deep breath and started coughing. I sat him up as he finished coughing.

"I didn't know you could do that." Luke said slowly catching his breath.

"What can I say I have many talents." I said. Let's get the shield now." I said as I stood up. They all stood up slowly.

"How are we supposed to get that thing down?" Percy asked as we walked towards the shield and the throne.

"These things are connected somehow. It's a machine, but how do you start the machine?" Annabeth said.

"It was a gift with a hidden purpose. Hephaestus offered it to Hera, but as soon as she sat in it, she couldn't get up." Percy told the story. "All the gods tried, but the machine was too smart. It was too strong. It was too much. Even for them. Finally, they said if Hephaestus let Hera free, Aphrodite would be his wife."

"The chair is the bargain." Luke said.

"One of us goes in, the others gets the shield." I said.

"I'll do it." Annabeth said as she walked closer towards the chair.

"What? Wait a minute." "No you won't" "Annabeth." Percy, I and Luke said at the same time.

"Whoever goes in, isn't coming out." Annabeth stated. "That seems pretty clear."

"I know, that's why I said wait." Percy said.

"That's why you're not doing it." I said.

"This isn't the Arch, Seaweed Brain. You're not pushing anybody into the stairwell again." Annabeth said to Percy.

"Yes, I am." Percy said.

"No you're not." "I'm not gonna let you this time." I and Annabeth said at the same time. I walked closest to the throne my back facing it so none of them can get to it. I was going to sit in that throne.

"It doesn't work that way." Percy said. "It's why you're here." Percy turned to Annabeth.

"Excuse me?" She said.

"When I was choosing my team, I told Chiron I needed someone who wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice me if the quest required it." Then he turned to me. "I also need someone who can protect as all. And if you stay back we won't make it."

"Okay well you choose me to help you with decisions. And I say why don't we just try to trick him." Luke said.

"It won't work. This isn't a Indiana Jones movie." I said. They looked at me confused. "I really need to take yall to the movies. But anyways, I can't believe it, but the Fates were right. There's no getting around this. We dodged it at the Arch, barely, but.."