chapter xxiv.

"They're looking at us." Grover said. We returned to the Arch. There were a lot of cops around now. And well they were looking at us.

"Yeah." Annabeth said looking at something else.

"So we should probably get outta here, don't you think?" Missy said looking around trying to avoid the cops eyes.

"Dude, they're looking right at us." Grover said.

"Let's just get out of here." Luke agreed with Missy. I nodded.

"Come on. Let's go find Percy." Annabeth said and started walking. We followed her.

"Annabeth." Luke said slowly.

"He's alive. I know it." She said and walked faster. I hope she's right but I also know she's not but my gut says something's up. So I don't know what the fuck should I think. We walked near a railing that was next to a lake.

"Percy!" Annabeth shouted.

"Jackson!" Missy shouted.

"Percy!" Grover shouted.

"Jackson!" Luke shouted while he was still helping me with walking.

"Percy!" I shouted. Then we went to the railing. Luke and I in front and kids behind us. Then out of no where Percy climbed the railing. I let go of Luke and ran towards him. "Percy!" I shouted and hugged him tightly.

"Good to see you too Jules." Percy said as he hugged back.

"You do that again I'll kill you myself." I didn't want to ever let go of him. But i slowly let go of him and let him say what he wanted to say. I stood a little aside so others can see him too.

"Hi." He said to others. They continued walking towards him. Then he looked at me. "Look, I'm sorry about shoving you in the stairwell. Even hearing myself say that sounds really bad, but I just-I knew you'd never agree, and there wasn't enough time-" Annabeth came closest and hugged him. Luke came to my side and put his arm around me. They really are cute. Grover and Missy stood there awkwardly. After a few seconds Missy cleared her throat and they let go and Grover opened his mouth.

"So...you're not as dead as we thought you'd be." Grover said.

"Surprise." Percy said.

"What happened?" Luke asked.

"Short version, we need to go to Santa Monica." Percy stated.

"What, like now?" Grover asked.

"Our father's gonna meet us there. He's gonna help us." Percy said looking at me.

"You. You are going to meet him." I said to Percy.

"But-"

"No but. It's better I don't want to see him not until quest is done." I said.

"Uh, just one problem with this plan." Luke said. Percy gave him an confused look.

"The police think that we crashed an Amtrak train and then did that." Grover said and pointed towards the arch.

"Th-The cops are after us?" Percy asked. We all nodded.

"Yeah." Missy said.

"Isn't that gonna make it hard for us to get on a train? Or a bus? Or really anything you need tickets for?" Percy asked. We all looked between each other knowing the answer. So we did the only thing we could do. We walked along the highway. We were out the city right now.

"Told you we should have stole a car." I said from behind them. If we stole a car in first place we'd probably be way closer then we're now. They ignored me. But then stopped Percy started talking. We were in a circle again.