chapter xix.

We left Medusa's house and now our plan was to get train tickets to Los Angeles and get to Hades save Percy's mum and return the Master Bolt. We were about 10 minutes away from the train station. We were again in our formation. Missy and Annabeth, Grover and Percy and at the end Luke and I holding hands.

"What if we just like rent a mini van?" I asked as I took a puff of my cigarette. I didn't really like trains.

"Too much money." Annabeth said not even turning around.

"Okay steal whatever. It would be way better."

"And who would drive?" Missy asked looking back at me.

"Me. Who else?" I said.

"You can drive?" Grover and Percy turned around and stopped.

"Why the fuck is that so shocking that you had to stop?" I asked.

"You just don't really I don't know look like can drive." Percy explained.

"At least not good." Grover added. Missy and Annabeth came back to us and gave them confused looks.

"I'm an excellent driver." I said.

"Well do you have your license on you?" Luke asked.

"Sure let me just get it out." I reached in my pocket and stick my middle finger up and show it to them. "Oh, sorry. Seems like our dickhead father forgot to pay child support. So that's why Percy doesn't own a mini van and I don't have a license." I said sarcastically. "I don't need a license to know how to drive."

"What if cops come?" Annabeth asked.

"Hit the break and drive." I said as I shugged.

"And how would you steal it?" Missy asked.

"People are stupid. They leave keys in cars." I said. They just looked between each other and started walking again.

"Are you really a good driver?" Luke asked.

"Yeah. I don't drive too fast I don't drive too slow. I follow the signs on road. I'm a great driver." I said seriously.

"Then will you teach me. You know once we get out of camp and all that?" Luke asked excitingly.

"Sure." I said and gave his lips a small kiss. Then I took his hand and we followed the kids. We finally came to the station. All we had yo do now was get the tickets. We agreed that I should go buy the tickets. They didn't question anything and sold me the tickets. I walked towards the wall where they waited for me.

"Got them." I said. I handed them to Annabeth who was going to be in charge of them. "We have 25 minutes till the train leaves and it should be here now. Since it stops for 25 minutes on each station." I explained.

"Should we go find our cabin?" Missy said.

"Yeah we should, it will help us avoid monsters." Luke agreed. So we went to the train. We found our cabin. It was almost 10 pm when we entered so I made all the kids take beds and Luke and I took the floor. Grover and Missy on upper beds and Percy and Annabeth on lower beds. It was hard not sleeping next to Luke. My head was near the window while Luke's was near the door. It was around 11.30 when I heard Percy say.

"Hey, anyone asleep?"

"Yes." "No." "Go to sleep." Annabeth, Luke and I said at the same time.

"You two were Thalia really close, right?" Percy asked Annabeth and Luke.

"Yeah." Annabeth answered. And Luke just stuck his thumb up.

"What was she like?" Percy asked.

"Why?" Annabeth asked.

"She was the last forbidden kid before Jules and I, right? She must've dealt with the same kind of stuff." Percy explained.

"She was tough. I mean, she knew she was a forbidden kid, she just didn't care. When Luke and Thalia found me and Missy, Luke cared for us right away. But Thalia...she made us earn it." Annabeth said.

"She was the bravest of all of us." Luke said.

"Is that why you give me a hard time? I gotta earn it with you too?" Percy and I asked at the same time.

"Yeah. Maybe." Annabeth said.

"I gotta say, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me." Percy stated.

"What doesn't make sense to you?" Luke asked.

"The way you guys all talk." Percy stopped and then continued. "The way the gods want us to think. Gotta burn an offering to get a parent's attention. Gotta beat up on Clarisse just to get my father to admit he's my father. And everthing Jules did trying to get claimed. It isn't supposed to work that way. People who are close to you aren't supposed to treat you that way." Percy explained. We stayed quite for a while.

"You wanna know how I ended up alone on the road in the first place? I started out as a gift to my father. That's how it works with Athena. We're born from a thought in her mind, and then given to a partner she feels connected to. And for a while, I was treated like a gift. My father cared for me. He loved me. I knew it. Then he met a woman. They had their own kids. And to her, I...I wasn't a gift. I was a problem. So I left. I was seven. I met Missy after a week I ran. She wasn't lucky, her mom was awful to her and kicked her out." Annabeth vented. "It isn't the gods who think that way. It's everybody. But at least with the gods you know the rules. Show them respect and they'll be in your corner, no matter what." They don't deserve respect if they aren't respectful themselves. Then Grover groaned.

"You awake?" Percy asked.

"Well, I am now. Thanks." Groversaid shifting around in his bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"He's super grouchy when he doesn't get enough sleep." Annabeth said.

""He's super grouchy when he doesn't get enough..." Nah!" Grover mimicked and then groaned again.

"Wow." Percy said.

"You've never been on the road with him before. A little different than a froofy boarding school." Annabeth said.

"Who's froofy? You're froofy. What's froofy?" Grover complained.

"Okay that's enough everyone sleep." I said and they listened. It was 1 am right now and I still couldn't sleep. Maybe if I go to Luke it'll help me fall asleep. I sat up and got on my knees to crawl to Luke's side. I got there and placed my arm around Luke's waist putting my chin on his shoulder.

"I love you." I whispered in Luke's ear. He then turned around.

"I love you too." He whispered smiling.

"Asshole, you should have given me a sign that you're awake." I whispered.

"It's more fun this way." Luke whispered back and put his arm around my waist. I rolled my eyes.

"Asshole."

"Only your asshole."