chapter xxix.

The truck just started driving. So we have a few hours till we make it to Vegas.

"You kids should sleep." I said to the kids who were sitting across from Luke and me. Luke's head on my shoulder. I think he was asleep.

"I agree." Grover said. Turning his head towards Annabeth, Missy and Percy.

"I meant all of you." I said.

"I'm 24." Grover said.

"Well you're not 24 mentally or physically so you're a kid to me. And go to sleep you'll need energy when we get there." I explained.

"Jules's right, come on Missy." Annabeth said and they walked on one of two spots where there were less animals. Grover also went after a few seconds little further then Annie and Missy.

"Come on Percy there's one more spot for you and Grover to sleep at."

"I don't wanna leave you." Percy said.

"What you're scared Ares might come?" I asked jokingly. Percy stayed quiet at that. "Shit. You are scared that he'll come for me. Listen you don't have to be scared of that. Cause I know what to do in that situation. I just have to manipulate his blood and make him suffer until he can't beg anymore."

"But what if-" Percy started.

"Percy. Nothing's gonna happen to me." I said reasuring him. "Now go to sleep." Percy slowly got up and went to Grover. After a few minutes I heard them slightly snoring. Now it's just me. Nice. I don't wanna wake Luke up he has to mentally prepare himself for maybe seeing his dad.

Luke told me everything a few months back. From his mum being a seer to how much he hates his dad for what he did to them. He loved his mother. But his dad just kept coming back to his life and well ruining everything.

I looked at the sleeping boy on my shoulder. He had such an hard life. He's doing great after everything he experienced. I want to protect him and punish the gods for everything they did. Not just to Luke to all the kids on this quest. Demigods in general.

None of the kids deserve what gods put them through. Someone needs to avenge them. And that's going to be me. After we find the Master bolt I'll go to the Olympus with Percy and tell them everything I think.

Maybe I could join Clarisse. She took the bolt to start a war between gods. But while they're fighting we could outsmart them and make them pay for everything they did.

But what would Luke think? I honestly don't know. I have a feeling that he'd understand where I'm coming from and maybe join as well. But I also feel like he might be disappointed in me. Yes he hates the gods but would he do it?

But he was pretty quiet when we were with Ares. He is quiet around gods. He knows he can't cross the line. Could it be him? What if it wasn't Clarisse? But what would the kids think? I looked in their direction.

Annabeth would hate me. Grover would be dissapointed. Missy wouldn't trust anyone anymore. But Percy, what would he do? I cant believe I'm saying this but he's hard to read. He'd either join me right away or hate me till the day he dies. There's no in between.

I looked towards the ceiling of the truck. Okay I'll let future me worry about that. I mean it will all depend on what Percy will choose. If he chooses to help me great. If he doesn't? What the fuck do I do then?

"You okay?" I heard Luke say in a husky voice. I looked at him his eyes were still closed.

"Yeah. I just have a lot of my mind. Nothing to worry about." I said looking at him. He slowly opened his eyes but then closed them right after as he let out a yawn.

"What's on your mind?" He said as he said as he sat up straight and yawned again while putting his arms in the air and then putting them back down while his left arm went around me pulling me closer.

"Smooth." I said and rolled my eyes. Luke just smirked and kissed my cheek.

"What's on your mind?" He asked again with a smile. I don't want to ruin this moment I'll tell him I know after the quest.

"Euphemia." I said.

"Sorry?" Luke said confused.

"My middle name. You asked me that months ago. Like week after I came woke up or something like that."

"I remember. Cause I asked what if I get bored of calling you Juliet but I didn't want to call you Jules. I remember everything that we talked about Effie." Luke said with a smile.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. You can test me." Luke said boldly.

"What's my favorite flower?" I asked.

"Daisy." Luke said right away. Wow he really did remember.

"Favorite singer?" I asked.

"Miss Taylor Alison Swift." He said with a smirk.

"Favorite color?"

"Orchid. But you said to remember light purple." He really did remember. "See I know everything about you." Then I remembered something he said he's not good at remember.

"When's my birthday?" He stopped. "Come on Luke." I said sweetly. He stayed quiet for a while. But then opened his mouth.

"August 6th." He said slowly. I hugged him. I remembered even though he said he's bad with birthdays. He hugged me back immediately.

"I love you." I said as I held him tight. He held me tighter.

"I love you too. Nobody will hurt you. Not anybody not even the gods. I will brutally kill anybody who hurts you in any way. No matter who or what it is." He said in my hair as he kissed my head. He was the one who took the Master Bolt. But not because he's evil but because he wants things to change for the better. And I will help him no matter what. We pulled away but our foreheads were still touching. Luke looked sad.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I still don't think it's a good idea asking my father for help." Luke admitted. I removed my forehead and put my palm on his left cheek.

"Look we might not even see him so there's nothing to worry about." I said slowly.

"But we're still be trying to find him." Luke said.

"Well what if we let the kids look for them. And we find some place private and hide there until they find him." I suggested innocently. Luke smirked.

"Though you said you don't care how fast this goes." Luke said boldly.

"I never said what would we do you dirty minded boy." I said back.

"I'm not a boy. I'm a man." Luke said.

"You're a man, when I tell you you're a man." I said as I put my face closer to his. The next thing I know I'm pushed against the side of the truck by my throat and Luke's lips attacked mine. We started fighting for dominance. My hands in his hair while his right hand was in my throat and his left made its way to my waist. I pulled his hair slightly while he slowly choked me. Let's see how does he do when his tongue down my throat. I stopped fighting and let him do it. Now I understand the verse 'All good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you'. He was truly amazing. After a few minutes he stopped  but his hand was still around my throat. "Why'd you stop?" I asked sadly. He just quietly laughed at that. "What?"

"Why are you so upset that I stopped?" Luke asked.

"You would be more upset if I did that yo you." I said.

"True. But was I good?" Luke asked.

"No I asked you to continue cause you were awful. Just horrible." I said sarcastically. He smiled to himself. And he let go of my throat and sat next to me so my head was on his shoulder. "You still haven't told me why you stopped."