chapter xxviii.

"Hephaestus looks nothing like Missy." I said as I lowered my dagger. I turned to them and Annabeth hugged me before I even fully turned around. I hugged her back. I could feel she needed it. When we pulled away she still had tears in her eyes. "Hey I'm here everything's fine." I said slowly giving her a reasuring smile.

"I'm sorry. For everything. I shouldn't have evrr been mean to you." She said as tears fell down her face. "I was just terrified you'd take Luke and Missy away from me and that they'll forget me. And-"

"Annie. It's okay I promise you. Everything is okay. And I'm sure you'll never lose Missy or Luke. I'm not going to take them away from you ever." I said as I hugged her again as she hugged me tight. I'm never going to let anything happen to her. Or anyone who's on the quest. After a while we slowly let go and I smile at her. "Okay, let's get out of here." I said.

"It's good yo have you back." Percy said with a smile.

"Cause it feels so empty without me." I said and they nodded. "Eminem? No? Alright let's go. We climbed out of the ride and started walking towards the diner again. In our usual places. Luke held my hand tightly. More tight then usually.

"You good?" I asked looking at him.

"Not really since I lost you for like 10 minutes." Luke said.

"Well I'm back and you won't get rid of me that easily again." I said jokingly.

"I'm serious Juliet. I thought I lost you forever. If it was any other god it would be it." Luke said seriously. "You already have a lot of them on your heels you need to careful."

"Okay, like they could kill me. I'm way harder to kill then they think. We both know that." I said rolling my eyes. Luke stopped and turned to face me.

"Listen I know better then anybody that you're tough and that you're not scared of anything. But I'm just asking you to be bit more careful. For me." Luke said slowly. I looked at him for a second.

"Okay, I'll try. Just because of you, Luke Castellan" I said. Luke smiled and put his hand on my cheek and connected our lips. It was slow but passionate.

"Lovebirds hurry up we're almost there." Annabeth shouted. I took Luke's hand and we hurried. We were in front of the diner. We entered with Annabeth caring the shield. Ares just smirked and got up. He walked towards us.

"Took you long enough." Ares said with a smirk.

"Shut the fuck up. Where's our ride asshole?" I said. He took his shield. And opened the door for us.

"This way M'lady." He said and went outside. We followed him outside. We came near some truck.

"Where is it?" Percy asked from behind me. Ares snapped his fingers and the back of the truck opened. "You’re kidding."

"Get in, don’t. I really don’t care. But in a few hours, this thing is gonna be at the Lotus Casino in Vegas. Hermes hangs out there. You play your cards right and his personal driver can get you to L.A. in minutes." He then tossed Luke a backpack. "Here. Clothes. Cash. Drachmas to summon Hermes. I’d wish you luck, but what good would it do you?" Ares said with a smirk.

"We’re not gonna fail." Percy said as he stood next to me.

"Don’t worry. Your dad had plenty of kids he stopped caring about once he lost interest. You’ll have lots of company." Ares said looking at Percy. Then he looked at me. "He doesn't even care about you now. Might as well come with me. I could make you immortal and we'd make the most dangerous and powerful demigods." I opened my mouth to say something but Percy cut me off.

"We’re not gonna fail, and I’m getting pretty tired of you saying it. And stop talking about impregnating my sister."

"Percy." Grover said. I gave him a death glare and he closed his mouth.

"You think you know who I am, but you don’t. And if you aren’t careful…you’re gonna find out. And I'm sure Jules will help me cause then I wouldn't have to do anything. She'd end you in a second." Percy said. Then Grover came from behind us.

"So, thank you for the emotional abuse and the cheeseburgers…and the ride. We’re gonna take you up on that, too." Grover said. Grover climbed in. Then Missy and Annabeth after him then Percy.

"Come on Luke." I said.

"No we gotta find another way."

"Well we don't have a choice. We have to go time is running out." I said.

"I'm sure there's another way." Luke exclaimed. This was probably about Hermes.

"Luke, listen we might not even see him. We'll make a plan that doesn't involve you talking to him or even seeing him."

"But-" Luke started.

"Listen, I understand you but right now we don't have any other choices. So please for me will you do it?" I asked. He stood there for two seconds butt then climbed in as well. "Great." I said and then turned to Ares. "Go to hell asshole."

"Hey, do you think we could get some paper towels or something, it’s not that nice in here." Grover asked Ares.

"I'll see you soon sweetheart." Ares said and winked at me while he snapped his fingers and the truck closed. Then animal noises started. I forgot they were here.

"Well…this smells." Percy said

"If it gets us where we need to go, that’s all that matters." Missy said.

"Assuming Ares was telling the truth." Percy said.

"He wasn’t. Not entirely, at any rate." Missy said.

"He was holding something back." Grover explained.

"How do you know?" Annabeth asked.

"Because I think I got it out of him." Grover said proudly and Missy nodded. "I know who stole the master bolt."