32| Lachlan

I was dealing with one sick bastard in the dungeons. I studied him carefully.
He had been working in Roxine's company for ages. He was such a great actor for staying that long. I normally caught ahold of them easily but this sneaky bastard was too good to be true.

And to think that this man was the one handling Roxine's documents. After Lana left, Roxine lost interest in the company and rather indulged in alcohol. He snubbed every therapist I got him until Violet showed up and offered to take care of him whilst I handled business.

" How long have you kept this up?" I sneered, almost on the verge of crashing his skull.

" You fucked with my family!" He yelled. He had been repeating that shit since we started the god-damned interrogation. Interesting fact, I had no clue what the hell he was talking about. What family??

" I don't even know the damn pussy that pushed you into this hellhole, so enlighten me, you idiot," I released his jaw. He coughed , trying to catch his breath.

" You took everything from my family !, Do you remember, Catherine Bernard?" The name.

He started giggling like a crazed man,

" The ten year old girl that died in the same building you call Campbello Empire now, " my face relaxed.

That happened years ago. Before we even took over the company from our deceased parents.

" That fire was caused by faulty wires."

He shook his head, tears filling his eyes almost immediately.

" Your father wanted insurance money and in other to get that, he planned that fire, knowing fully well that there were people, so many lives were lost and you stand here and tell me it was caused by faulty wires?" He started laughing and crying at the same time.

I stumbled back, we were so young back then, we didn't even care if the company existed or not.

" Their death wasn't enough punishment." He sneered.

" It was seeing you go through the same pain. Especially Roxine, oh the pleasure of seeing him so empty and broken."

I punched him, enraged. He didn't have that damn right to do that. Our parents were responsible for that crime why did he involve us.

" What did you do?!"

He hissed in pain and straightened his back, a smug smirk on his lips.

" Get the flowers, millions of them. Left the box in his office, dropped a tiny drop of something aggressive in his bottle. End of story."

" You fucker!" I attacked him, punching and almost strangling him to death.

He laughed, his taunting voice, scratched at my skin. It was a dangerous laughter.

How much damage he has caused and all the pain. He didn't deserve to even live.

But did my parents deserve to also live?

I was in at a battle with myself. The man in front of me did nothing but pay us back in the same coins my parents gave him.

I instantly let go off him and rushed to the nearest bathroom, hunching over the toilet, throwing up everything and anything.

I could hear his loud sobs.

" Her twin brother just wanted justice, especially after seeing her."

He continued, crying and laughing at the same time.

" Stop talking!" I yelled.

It was supposed to be the opposite of what was happening now.

I was supposed to be torturing him, not him torturing me.

" Roxine was so easy."

I rushed out the bathroom pointing a finger at him in rage.

" If you take his name again,"

" If I die he'll continue it. Until you summon death yourselves."

" Shut up."

I rushed out of the room. I couldn't be in the same room as the psychopath.