5| Lana

For dinner, I made a mashed potatoes dish, with specific vegetables and grilled steak. I finished his tray and carefully walked towards the dining area. I took extra care in setting the table because I didn't want to be scolded like that again.

It was too painful to be insulted that way. He didn't have an ounce of compassion for humans, that I was sure. Ferrell later came down to apologize again earlier. He seemed like a nice person compared to a certain man.

I stepped away from the table when I saw him approaching the table. His midnight hair was perfectly dried, but it was obvious he had taken a shower, he was in a sweat shirt and pants. His eyes was trained on the food. He took a seat and studied the dish carefully, probably looking for a reason to yell at me.

" I'll take my leave now, Mr Campbello, I also purified your water, it's in the fridge. Have a good evening."

My stomach growled loudly. I bit my lips in embarrassment. After he yelled at me, I chewed the carrots in the kitchen to feel better. I hadn't eaten anything else.

I swallowed and took two steps.

" Get yourself a plate." He ordered. Was there a day he wasn't going to order me around. The fact that I had to stick to this for a year was making my heart ache.

" Mr Campbello, I - I am fine, I will-"

" I said get yourself a plate." He ate his food silently.

I sighed and fixed myself a plate and returned to the table. I found it hard to focus on the food and not glance at him every two second.

" It's bad manners to look at someone when they're eating," his jaw clenched ever slightly.

I cleared my throat, and popped a slice of steak into my mouth.

" That steak costs 20,000, it's delivered from Argentina, it's cut precisely to fit my taste and preference."

I nearly spat out the steak.

It cost that much?, I offended him earlier, he was going to__

" I'm not going to deduct it from your salary if that's why you're debating on spitting it out." His eyes were trained on my locked features.

" I wasn't going to do that," I looked at the fork, meekly.

" Why do you need this job?" He asked. I blinked, rapidly.

" I'm saving up for college, and I also need to  take care of my parents." I explained uneasily.

" Have you ever worked as a caregiver?," He looked back into his plate. He was eating so precisely. Whilst my bowl was a mess, his was like it hadn't been touched.

" No, this is my first time, Mr Campbello." I explained. He nodded.

" Can I ask a question, Mr Campbello?"

He lifted a finger,

" Go on."

" Why do you need a caregiver?, You look quite okay to me." My heart was thundering in my chest. Afraid he'd explode.

" You're actually right, I don't need a caregiver, my doctor suggested it." He leaned back into his chair. I realized he placed the cutlery right where he picked them.

" Oh," I whispered.

" Aquagenic Urticaria, and I'm allergic to most foods, especially beets."

I had to rewind and repeat it.

" Aquagenic Urticaria," I must have heard of it somewhere.

" I am allergic to water, even sweat." He added.

He stood up, before looking down at my shocked face.

" Keep everything in their places before you leave, goodnight, Miss Rhoades."

He left.