17| Lana

Three days. I hadn't seen Roxine. Not even heard him coming in and out. I had been on my own since the day we landed in Russia. I had no idea of anything so I was stuck in my room for three good days and it was starting to piss me off.

Starting?... No I was so fucking pissed.

I didn't ask him to bring me on this fucking trip. I just wanted to go back home, sleep in my bed and hug my parents.

I showered and tossed on a simple dark blue dress which reached mid thigh. I tied up my hair in a ponytail and wore my only pair of wedge.

I picked the booklet I received last night. It was about a brunch event they were having downstairs. Since I had no where to go, I thought it wise to actually go downstairs and maybe talk with a some new people.

I picked the new phone I received two nights ago. It was a brand new iPhone. I still hadn't thanked him for it.

I pushed the thought of him away and stumbled out of the suite. I got into the elevator and pressed the floor number. I fidgeted with the hem of my dress. Language barrier, fuck I didn't think of that.

Anyways, there was always a smile and a polite, I speak English.

Once the elevator came to a stop, I tried to relax.

The large floor was filled with people.. everyone sitting at a table. Chatting joyfully and oozing of just plain luxury.

I searched for a seat and luckily I spotted one in the corner for two. I walked briskly towards it and took a seat. There was a stage but I wasn't actually interested in that.

I was just interested in the blueberry jam sealed nicely and the bread. My mouth was watery as I buttered up my bread.

" Chernichnoye varen'ye vsegda poluchayetsya raznym"

[ Blueberry jam always hits different ]

I jumped caught in spotlight. I gazed up at the man infront of me.

I dropped my bread and dusted the crambs off my hands.

He had dark brown curly hair, combed back. His striking bluish gray eyes stared intently at me.

He was in a fine suit, being threatened by his frame, even the slightest movement would cause the poor fabric to rip. I blinked returning to reality.

" Excuse me?" I cleared my throat.

Realization must have dawned on him.

" Pardon my manners, I said blueberry Jam always hits different." His deeply accented voice explained.

" Oh, " I smiled softly before continuing my job of jam and bread.

" It sure does," I added.

" Can I sit with you?" He gestured to the empty seat.

I nodded, " It's fine with me."

He took a seat and also fixed himself a pancake.

" I had doubts about you being a Russian." He joked.

" Am I that spotable?, Oh please!" I chuckled.

" I'm Lana Rhoades by the way." I extended my hand. His ring adorned fingers enclosed around mine, holding firmly yet gently.

" Vadim Alekseev, a pleasure meeting you, Lana"

" So are you here on a vacation?, Perhaps changing your atmosphere." He added.

I laughed, " Maybe, maybe not, I'm a caregiver, I am accompanying my boss."

" That's interesting."

" Yes, except I have no idea of anything that's around this place, it's hard adjusting."

" I believe you, I went to Seoul last month and even if it was accommodating and welcoming, I couldn't adjust."

I nodded stuffing my face with a slice of pancake.

" So what do you do?" I asked curiously. It was comforting to be in his presence. There was this peace with this not so complete stranger.

" A hotelier."

My brows rose effortlessly.

" I own this place and a few others."

I nearly chocked on my food. He owed this freaking large hotel?!. Holy moly fucking dipshit.

" Relax Lana, you're making me regret telling you." He laughed, it was a sensual, velvety sound, that made goosebumps spread across my skin.

" Forgive me, I just- it surprised me." I cleared my throat.

" Anyways let's forget that, would you mind going on a date with me tonight?" He went straight to the point.

" Not as like lovers , just friends, I'd show you around the place." He suggested.

" You can actually send my photo to the police in case I kidnap you." He actually read my mind.

" Come on!" I laughed.

" We won't leave the hotel." He added.

" I'd like to show you the amenities of the place."

Sounded safe.

" Okay, count me in Vadim."

He nodded curtly, before checking his watch.

" I gotta go, I'll see you around Lana" he gave me his card.

" Please do call me me." He smiled.

I nodded before watching him walk away.