8| Lana

I tapped my feet as I checked the large clock. It was almost 12am and he hadn't come downstairs. I wanted to go upstairs and check but I couldn't when he had given me clear instructions to leave his house. I didn't listen to that.

I had made lunch and dinner, they were sitting on the dining area. I had heated it over and over again to keep it warm. I messed up. How could I pour water on him?. He looked like he was in extreme pain which was a heart wrenching scene.

Mum had called that she was staying at the hospital with dad.

My breath hitched in my throat when , Mr Campbello walked downstairs, shirtless. My eyes roamed his hairy chest, the line of hair disappearing into his pants. I gulped visibly and averted my gaze when they met his. His brows came together in a frown. My eyes went to his arms which were perfectly okay, the red I saw earlier no longer there.

"  I told you to leave," his voice was deeper than usual. That sexy deep sleep voice. Okay I had to stop it. I couldn't get those images of a man who was three decades older than me.

" Mr Campbello, are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

" I asked you to leave my house, Miss Rhoades, what in the world are you still in my space at this ungodly hour?" His tone was sharp and cold, sending shivers down my spine.

" I made you lunch and dinner, since you didn't come down for neither of it. It is still very warm, I heated it." I rambled.

His jaw was clenched, eyes narrowed at me.

" I'll leave." I announced, grabbing my bag and walking towards the door.

" Are you always this dumb?"

" Excuse me?," I frowned. I poured water on him, which was accidental but why was he so hell bent on insulting me.

" I asked if you're always this dumb." He took a step towards me.

" I am not dumb Mr Campbello, I may be clumsy sometimes but I am not dumb." I defended. He scoffed, his eyes running over me.

" No clever person would step out that door at this hour, knowing perfectly well that it's dangerous."

My words caught up in my throat.

" And no clever person would ask you for any favors knowing you're going to insult them." 

He clenched his jaw. He was being unnecessarily rude.

" Fierce. The better. " He nodded.

" I'll take my leave now, Mr Campbello."

" You're not going anywhere." He retorted.

" The guest room is upstairs, second door to your right."

" I am not staying here Mr Campbello."

" Go upstairs or leave and never return." He walked past me into the kitchen and got a glass of water.

" I hate you." I muttered

" I heard you." He took the stairs upstairs.

" Stay or leave Miss Rhoades." He repeated.

I stomped my foot and followed suit.

" You're so fucking annoying, I wish I never met you and