19| Roxine

I set the table and made sure everything was ready for when she came out. I also showered and replied a few other emails and re arranged my schedule because I didn't want to get back home anytime.

" Roxine!" I flinched when Lana ran out of her room and crashed into me. I was frozen in shock.

" What's wrong, Lana?" She had tears on her face and a smile.

" Mum just called to inform me that the surgery was successful and my father is going to see again and he can do all that he wanted to do."

She hugged me tighter as she sobbed. I had never been in such a situation so I didn't know what to say or do because I've never been emotional. I had a major problem with that.

So I remained silent, and did the only thing I thought right. I hugged her back as she cried and laughed all together.

The food could wait a bit more.

After a good ten minutes of having her so close she drew back and wiped her tears.

" You're so stiff." She laughed at me.

" I have no clue what to say," I pulled out a chair for her.

" But you're the most comfiest hug ever." She took out the packs and handed me some.

" I'll take that as a compliment."

" This is soo good!" She moaned. I had to restrain my thoughts. She's just saying the food was delicious.

" Here." She brought a dumpling to my lips.

I opened my mouth and took it, savoring the softness and sweetness.

My heart jolted in my chest.

Something I had never felt in my life.

" Oh, I forgot, I have a date tonight." She was excited but the food turned bitter in my mouth.

" Who's the bastard?" I rolled my eyes.

" Someone I met, there's no need to be jealous, he's a new friend." She shrugged.

I dropped my chopsticks and sighed, " Why are you telling me?"

" Because you're the only one I trust here, even though he wouldn't harm me. Trust, communication."

All the bitterness and jealousy evaporated.
She trusted me, something I couldn't even do. I didn't even trust myself.

" Where are you going?" I asked grumpily.

" Grumpy Grinch, we'll be in the hotel, he's taking me around,"

" He's the owner of the place." She added.

" Vadim?" I asked.

" You know eachother?" She chewed softly, staring expectantly at me.

" Acquaintances, I'm a shareholder, he's okay to me." I shrugged stiffly.

Fucking lies.

Of all the people who'd find interest in her, it had to be Vadim Alekseev, the mother of the Russian Mafia.

The second dangerous man after me.

Fucking shit.

" He's picking you up and I'm telling him when to return you back here." I said harshly.

" Okay,  daddy."

I clenched my jaw, the sarcasm dripping from her tone like sweet honey.

She gasped when I pulled her towards me, inhaling her soothing scent.

" Call me that again and I'll fuck you against and over every thing in this suite, do you get me?" I whispered slowly and torturously licking up the side of her neck.

She shuddered, her breath laboured.

She was driving me insane.