9| Lana

One two three...

I counted the numbers on the clock on the wall. The room was large, grey walls, black curtains and the interior screamed don't fucketh with my arrangements. Didn't he like a bit of color, like baby blue?. I mean that's my favorite color, lightens the mood and stuff. Everything about him was so intense it was giving me goosebumps.

I brushed off the thick covers from my body and stared down at the dark red night wear I found in the closet. Mind you they were all new, boxed away in two colours black and red, there were like ten of them so I guessed it was for uninvited guests.

Like me. There was a man's silky pants and shirt but it was too large, it'd perform a disappearing magic on me.

I checked the time on my phone. It was 2am. I chewed on the insides of my cheeks and got out of the bed.

I carefully pushed the door open and scanned outside. The dimly lit corridor was quiet. I stepped out of the guestroom and was about to walk past the first room when I heard water running.

It was a faint sound but since it was in the dead of the night, I could hear it. I pressed my fingers on the door and then my ear against it.

There were only two people in the house, so I guess this is his room.

He was taking a shower at 2am?. Didn't he know he was going to suffer headaches in the future from that habit?. Mum said so. 

His door beeped before a loud toe curling alarm went off. The fudging cake!. I backed away from the door debating my chances of running back to the guest room but it was too late as his door was pulled open.

He typed something inside before the deafening sound, went off.

" Miss Rhoades," he said my name in an obvious tone. It was like he knew this was going to happen and it fucking did.

" What do you want?" He asked, my eyes wandered down his shirtless chest, he was dry as a mosquito.

Was mosquitoes dry?. Where did I get that from?.

But I thought he was having a shower.

" I-I- you," I stuttered.

" Yes," he clenched his jaw. A habit he's used to when he's getting irritated.

" I was going to get water." I came up with the perfect excuse. It wasn't a lie. I just for distracted.

" Water?," He repeated. I played with my cold fingers.

" Yes, water, I just ur- I didn't know the door had a security alarm."  I looked everywhere but his intense eyes.

" It doesn't go off, unless your entire body is pressed to it for longer than a minute."

My eyes screwed shut.

Shoot.

He was probably thinking I was about to rob him or worse sent to assassinate him. Like who on this planet would hire me to assassinate him?. He'd rather send my head back to them for being so foolish.

I bit the corner of my lip repeatedly.

" Look at me." I hated how much control his voice had over me.

" Mr Campbello,"

" Stop biting your lips, it's irritating." His voice was quite lower than usual.

Why was he so focused on my lips?.

Maybe I was bleeding.

I touched the area. I sighed relieved that it wasn't.

" Come with me."

" Huh?"

" Come inside, Miss Rhoades." He gritted out. I nervously slipped past the door before it shut behind me.

My eyes wandered around his dark room. The bed was black, the walls, the only light was the bathroom.

The water was still running.

" Come shower with me."

I swear I flipped over.

" W-what?"

" You're my caregiver, so come." He walked into the bathroom.

Was he thinking of..

" Quit creating non realistic bullshit in your head, I said come here!" I jerked forward and hurried into the enormous bathroom.

" Get under the water." He ordered.

" Mr Campbello, I - I can't." I looked away clutching to the nightdress.

" With your clothes." He added.

" They'd get wet and I already took a shower, Mr Campbello." I protested.

" Do you prefer to go naked?" I nearly choked on my spit.

" It's-,"

" Are you disobeying me?" He arched a brow.

What have I gotten myself into?.

" N-no,"

" Then get under the water. Now."

I hesitantly stepped into the water, at first contact it was cold but after a few minutes, it was warm.

" Good." He sat on the closed toilet seat, his eyes trained on me.

" Don't put your nose in people's business and two be less clumsy." I nodded,my hands balled into fist as the water made the flimsy fabric stick to my skin.

He sat back,his eyes focused intently on me.

I hated this man beyond anything.