22| Lana

I squinted my eyes, slowly adjusting to the lights in the room. We had arrived hours ago and I barely remembered when I had fallen asleep. It was such a long flight.

I groaned and sat up. I was in Roxine's room. It caused a smile to stretch on my face. I remembered the time he made me stand in the shower for.hours.

I was now in his shirt. It smelled so good, just like him and it was very comfy. I rubbed my eyes and searched the bathroom and the balcony but he wasn't anywhere to be seen.
I rolled my eyes..

How could I forget Roxine was a workaholic?. Barely even bat an eyelid during the flight back home..I felt bad that I couldn't see Vadim before we left. The poor guy would come only to meet our absence.

My legs sailed me out of the room to his study. I was so excited to see him that I didn't care or wasn't on the lookout for anyone....

" Lana," I froze. Holy....shit.

Ferrell.

His eyes took me in fully. I fidgeted, pulling the hem of his shirt to cover my legs.

His jaw locked in place as his eyes met mine.

" F-ferrel, I didn't," I stuttered. I didn't want him to find out this way, especially after he had asked me out on a date once. I didn't actually mean to break this news to him like this.

That Roxine and I were in a relationship now?... Or was what we had a relationship?.... I had no clue.

I knew Roxine loved me but did I love him back with the same intensity. So many questions gnawed at my brain and I couldn't answer any of them.

" Roxine called that you were back from your trip." He said avoiding my gaze. He had turned cold, all of a sudden. His tone didn't hold the tender affection I was used to receiving from him on a daily basis.

He turned to leave but the question left my lips before I could control it.

" Is everything okay?"

He sighed loudly, lifted his head slightly and balled his hands into fists.

He calculatedly turned as if trying to contain his anger.

" I know I should have told you about Roxine and I but it suddenly happened, I'm sorry if you feel betrayed,"

" Actually I'm worried about how much damage he's going to cause." He interrupted me.

I frowned, completely confused by his words.

" Roxine doesn't love anyone." He voiced out.

That pissed me off, I knew I didn't do well by not telling him about us.yet. but what right did he have to question Roxine's emotions.

" You're his best friend, Ferrell you should be happy for.him." I hissed.

" Haha, of course I'm happy for him, because I know for a fact that he's going to break your heart. I won't sugarcoat anything Lana. I care for you that's why I am giving you a heads up. Roxine is going to hurt you if you don't stay away from him. He's my best friend I've known him, longer than you,"

I slapped him across the face, I pointed a finger at him, " You don't know Roxine. You never did. You're saying all of this because you are jealous it wasn't you!, Roxine will never hurt me, Ferrell, he will never do that."

He touched his cheek, nodding repeatedly.

" Don't say I didn't warn you, Lana and don't come to me when it happens because it will."

" Just leave." I pointed downstairs.

" Bye." He whispered and left.

I felt so cold. His words kept repeating itself in my head.

" Lana?"

I had lost count of the number of minutes I was standing there rubbing my arms.

" Huh?" I stared into the eyes of the man who had become apart of my life.

He touched my forehead,
" Are you okay?, I thought I heard you speaking with someone?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat.

" What?, No, I - I was just , there was no one here, I was coming to you." He smiled sweetly, a cheeky smirk danced on his lips.

" Missed me already?" I playfully punched him.

" You wish. "

" How did you sleep?" He pulled me against him. He peppered kisses in my hair. I wrapped my arms around his torso.

" Like a baby, I really needed that." I whispered, my mind playing the words of Ferrell like a broken recorder.

" You didn't sleep." I scolded.

" I wasn't that tired, I'm used to such long flights, and I had a bazillion emails to reply to." He pulled back,. taking my face in his hands.

" Are you sure, you're fine?"

I nodded, forcing a smile, " perfectly fine."

He nodded, yawning.

" I think Ferrell couldn't make it. Must have gotten caught up with something." He rubbed his eyes. I forced a small smile.

" I'm sure he'll come around." I whispered.

" You need to rest." We walked towards his room.

" Only if you promise to massage my hair."

I laughed, " you goof bear."

" Only for you, Miss Rhoades."