25| Roxine

" I'll be sending my assistant with the contract, Mr. Campbello. It was a pleasure." Mr. Angelo Valdez shook my hand firmly.

The meeting went well and it was quite fast. I waited till everyone left before packing my things and signalling my assistant to take over.

" Juan,  do I have anymore meetings today?" I asked the most enthusiastic person I knew. He was never in a bad mood. Even if he was , he was just good at hiding it. My dearest secretary.

" No, Sir, just a few contracts to sign and that's it," he rambled as we walked back to my office.

" And yes , you got a package, Sir."

" From where?, "

" Just a note with secret admirer." My mind worked faster than lightning, assuming it was from Lana. She was just cute like that.

" I want you to call the rose company"  Juan coughed.

I rolled my eyes, " Got something to say?"

" What?, No, Sir." He hurriedly added.

" I need twenty thousand rose bouquet delivered to my house,"

" Twenty thousand what?!" He yelled. I winced.

" Just do it."

His jaw was still hanging.

" Juan!" He jumped and scurried off.

" Right away Sir!"

I smirked, if Lana thought she could surprise me, then I could make her drop dead with surprise.

I got myself water and gulped it down. I picked the remote of the air conditioner and turned it higher. The day was hot and I was begining to feel it. Sweat.

I unbuttoned my shirt and slumped into my swivel chair. I studied the brown box. I smiled warmly at it.
There was just something about Lana that made me want to go back home and have her against my bathroom walls, over the kitchen counter, against every fucking thing in my house.

To hear her moan, to hear her say,

I love you.

I groaned internally. I had become obsessed with her.

I pulled the box from the middle towards me and turned it. The yellow sticky note.

I detached it and read the handwritten message.

The same as Juan said.

Secret Admirer.

I almost laughed. What could be hidden inside this enormous anonymous box.

I moved to open it when someone knocked. I gritted my teeth and answered.

" Come in."

Juan stumbled into my office.

Talk of bad timing.

" Sir, I , they are working on it." He added.

I just nodded and signalled him to leave.

After he had left , I opened the box and turned it over gently Incase it had a fragile object, but I was stunned to find just photographs.

I picked them and my smile fell.

I checked the next one, then the next, and I kept changing them until I found the last one. She was in his couch, his lips to her forehead.

Then the very last of last one where she was in his bed. Ferrell  closing the blinds whilst he was in nothing but a towel.

I dropped the photos, my eyes went to the white paper,

How does it feel to be lied to?

V.

Why?.

How?.

She said she was going to her parents place. She said...

She lied to me?.

But why?

If she was going to see Ferrell then why did she lie to me?.

My memory jogged back to the night we got back. When I got out of my study. The shadow that I saw?.

The angered whispers. How pale she looked when I showed up.

I fisted my shirt, finding it alarmingly hard to breath.

" Juan!" I yelled.

He came rushing in..

" Who left this?!" He was speechless.

" Sir, it was brought by the delivery guys."

" Is everything,"

" Leave!"

After he had left, the voices in my head mocked me.

She chose him.

She used you.

She lied to you.

Why would anyone love someone like you?

" Stop!" I yelled tears briming my eyes, on the verge of spilling.

I opened my drawer and took out the bottle of Scotch. I opened it and drank straight from the bottle.

Why?. I love her. I glared at the photos. The one he was kissing her. The one he was hugging her.

She slept with him too?, How long had they had an affair?