28| Ferrell

I knocked on the door, hesitantly. There was a faint come in from the other end. I slowly entered her room.

I was scared out of my mind when she called me at midnight, crying hysterically. I rushed there only to find her bundled in bedsheets with blood stains and marks from struggling. I nearly strangled an unconscious Roxine from it.

She asked me to take her away from him and that he was going to hurt her again. Her voice was filled with so much terror i felt like dying. I had to take her away immediately before she completely lost herself. I brought her to the hospital and made sure she was attended to by only female nurses and doctors. She was traumatized.

Today was the first time in three days I was paying her a visit after she gained consciousness. I didn't want to scare her.

I slowly entered and closed the door softly. She was rocking back and forth with her chin against her knees, and arms wrapped around them. She didn't look my way. She was in a world of her own. He had messed her up.

" Lana?" I called. She stopped her body froze, from terror before she gazed into my eyes. The machine beeped loudly and faster showing the change in he breathing.

" Breathe, calm down, I won't hurt you." Her eyes filled with fresh tears.

Slowly but surely her breathing returned back to normal before she burst into tears.

"F-Ferrell," she whispered. I carefully closed the gap between us and hugged her. As a parent would hold their child.

" Why would he do this to me?" She sniffled.

" He doesn't deserve your tears." I sighed. Truly he didn't even deserve her or the love she was giving him.

" How are you feeling?" I took her face in my hands, scrutinizing even the bend of her eyebrow.

" I just want to be alone."

I nodded.

" But I have a question " I sighed.

" Do you want me to rent an apartment for you?" I asked.

I was indecisive since she was going to be discharged today. I knew the last place she wanted to be was in her family house, considering what she witnessed there.

" I don't know," she trailed off.

" The apartment opposite mine, I'm not letting you stay at just any random apartment complex." I added.

She sent me a small smile.

I tried to return it. I couldn't stand seeing her in so much pain already.

" You really don't have to Ferrell." She sighed.

" I insist , I just want to keep an eye on you, protect you, and I can't do that if you stay far away from me, plus it isn't safe," I rambled in one breath.

" You've done alot for me, Ferrell, I call you in my darkest moments and yet you still wanna do more, i don't want to feel like a burden." She shrugged at the last part.

" You're my responsibility from now on, please, let me care for you." I pleaded.

She swallowed hard, " Thank you so much, Ferrell."

I nodded curtly and exited her room. I was still furious because she was such a great person. Even after all he did, she refused to press charges against him for assault. She just wanted to let it be, find herself and live like he didn't exist.