23| Roxine

I groaned in pain as the water cascaded down by body. It was very early for a bath but I'd rather have it than watch her see me in this pain. After a painful shower, I took my medication and waited till everything went back to normal.

I stumbled into my room to find her peacefully hidden under the covers, her hair sprawled all over the pillows as she snored lightly. It was moments like this that I realized how deeper I was still falling in love with Lana. If anything I was beyond redemption now. All I needed was her and the peace she brought.

I sighed and stalked away from the bed towards the balcony, after pouring myself a glass of wine from last night. We stayed in on a date, the most romantic I've experienced all my life. I remembered her laughs, her rants about how mean I was and everything in between. It was a sweet and precious memory.

I downed it in one shot. Knowing perfectly well it was too early to drink but I did it nonetheless.

It burned and it tasted so ever addicting.

I hummed when I felt her arms around my torso. Her head resting perfectly against my back.

" It's too early to drink." She kissed my cold skin. I savored the softness of her lips against my skin and sighed.

" I needed to think, I have a meeting this afternoon, merging of my company and that of another strong one."

She hummed against my skin. Which was partially true because I did have an important meeting this afternoon. But the hidden truth was about us. There was this fear deep inside of me that I was going to break her like I have always done to women of my past.

" I know you're going to do just fine. You're Roxine Campbello for a reason," she giggled.

" Oh and yes, I totally forgot. I'll be going home to visit my parents."

I nodded.

I turned around, " I'll have the driver drop you off, and right."

I walked past her and picked my black card.

" Here." I placed the card in her hand, and tightly wrapped her fingers around it.

" Roxine," she was about to protest.

" I take care of my woman. I know you are independent, you don't need my money but I love taking care of my woman. Spend my money, lavish in it. I want you to love my money, you're the reason I make it."

" You've got ways with your words." She giggled.

" You're such a tease. I'll go dress up and get going, please take care of yourself." I kissed her lips, taking a moment to feel the kiss.

" You take care too,"

" I love you." I melted at those three words.

I crashed my lips against hers so hard, I felt dizzy,

" You don't know how much I was dying to hear those words Lana. I love you most," I repeatedly kissed her.

She playfully pushed me away, her eyes shining, " Go dress up , you look horrible!"

" No I don't!"